5- 𝔦 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔱

"I think you went a little overboard, Ceitara."

"No, I didn't, I was barely using any of my strength."

"Barely? You almost knocked his tooth out! He was shivering after you finished kicking him."

She simply stood up from leaning on the wall and walked over to him.

"Eren, do I come off as intimidating?"

"Yeah, you do," Levi cut in.

"I wasn't talking to you," she bent down in front of him and held his shoulders, "I hope you don't think bad of me."

With that, she pulled him into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

Everyone stared at them weirdly.

"Eren, what the hell did you do to her?"

Ceitara wasn't usually like that, but she was a sucker for new recruits. They were just so young and innocent and they had no experience yet. That's why she liked them so much, she wanted to be them.

"You're still hurting him, Cei."

"Oh, sorry, here..."

She cupped his face in her hands and gently started healing the areas, while her eyes turned green.

"Nothing should hurt now," she turned her head to the side, "Hange must be itching to start experiments."

"Can we start today?"

"Absolutely not. Maybe tomorrow, if I'm up to it."

"You don't even have to do anything, just have the Special Operations Squad do the work while you watch."

"Hange, tomorrow. I have things to do today."

---

"Coronation starts in a couple of hours. The new recruits must be so excited to join the Scouts," she said sarcastically to Marco.

"Captain?"

"Hm?"

"Could you deliver a message for me?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Can you tell Jean that I'm alive? I don't want him making stupid desicions because of me."

"Of course."

---

"Erwin, I need to leave early."

"Are you trying to spy on someone?" he half-joked.

"No, I need to deliver a message."

"What kind?"

"A simple one."

"Be careful."

"You got it, Commander."

Commander Erwin was always one to look out for Ceitara, especially when no one else could see her in pain. Their relationship was always like that and he was more of a father to her than anything.

---

The air in the atmosphere was more depressing compared to the one inside the courtroom. The combination of mourning and stress made it an uncomfortable place to be around. The footsteps were loud and the fires didn't glow as much as they should've. There was great loss in Trost, and it showed all over the Cadet's faces.

She looked around for Jean, who was standing by the fire, looking into it. Someone next to him tapped him on the shoulder, getting his attention, then turning to her.