22 - love more,

Lotus looked behind her at table, and deeply sighed. Since his gun was registered, Mid was released on bond. He hadn't spoken a word since they gotten back, he locked himself in his room and hadn't came out even despite Minnie letting him know the food was ready.

Lotus had lost her appetite and was still very much worried about Mid. She had seen so much rage in his eyes, and for a moment she genuinely felt scared of him. Though Bambi talked about it with her from time to time, she didn't know much about Mid's life from when he was in foster care. It was like he tried to completely erase that chapter of his life from existence.

It didn't take much for her to figure exactly what Mid was talking about when he pulled the gun on the guy. It made her sick to her stomach, knowing that a grown man took the innocence from a little boy. It was already bad enough that he was beaten right along with Bambi for simple little nothings, but to now understand that it was much more deeper than just physical abuse, made her heart hurt for him.

"Should I go check on him again?" Minnie said, standing in the hallway looking towards the stairs. Everyone sat around in the dining room at the table, though they didn't want what happened at the store to ruin their night, their appetite was somewhat spoiled.

They were all worried about Mid, and his well being as of right now, and as much as they wanted to give him his personal space, they also wanted to comfort him and let him know that everything would work out fine in the end for him.

"Minnie baby, you gotta give him some time." Clarence told her, gesturing towards the stairs as he shook his head. "When he's ready to talk, he'll do that, but right now he just needs alone time. All we can do is just be ready to be there for him when he needs us,"

Minnie looked down at her feet, and sighed walking back into the dining room defeated before she plopped down in one of the chairs. "I can't believe he never told us about that, how could anyone do that to a child?" she frowned, becoming upset all over again.

"I don't know man, but that shit sick as fuck." Gotti sat back in the chair, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Tedric was—still is, embarrassed by it. I never told you guys, because it simply isn't my place to tell y'all. He made me promise not to tell anyone—not that I was ever going to because that's his business whether he wanted to tell it or not. He always tip toed around the idea of telling you guys, because he thought you guys would look at him differently—no matter how much I assured him that we would never judge him because of what someone else did to him that he had no control over." Bambi said.

Like Mid, Bambi never expected to see her ex foster parents again. She would have let Mid gone through with killing him, but there were people around. She wanted him to have his peace of mind, no longer having to worry about the same man who traumatized him. It was still hard for Bambi to understand and grasp the fact, that some foster parents didn't care about the children at all, only instead caring about the money they received from the state.

She could only imagine how many other children were going through the same type of trauma, and pain now but weren't lucky enough to make it out early like Bambi and Mid were.

"You could just..." Lotus trailed off, absentmindedly stared out the window in the room, watching the family across the street as they played around in the yard with their kids. "See the hurt and pain in his eyes when he spoke, I've never seen Tedric cry a day in my life before except for when Reese died. Do you know how much of a fucked up individual you have to be, to make bring that man to tears?"

Everyone sat there, silence filling the room. Nobody spoke another word, as they were all too busy drowning in their thoughts about the situation. They heard as the front door opened, and closed causing them to get up from their spots.