33 - time's up,

Reese awoke to the sound of Lotus whimpering. He hadn't realized that he fell asleep; he and Lotus spent the rest of the evening talking, trying to keep each other sane and calm.

He heard Lotus whimper again, this time followed by a loud wail. He sat up abruptly and whipped his head around to glance in her direction, seeing that Zeke was on top of her, his hand moving outward as he clutched onto something.

Reese sat there for a brief second as his mind tried to process what he was seeing. His eyes widened once he realized that it was a knife that Zeke was holding onto. Zeke's hand clutching the knife tightly in his hand, the pressure and firmness of his grip pushing the blood away, making his palms appear translucent.

He quickly shot up from his spot and wrapped his arm around Zeke's neck, choking him as hard as he could. He could feel Zeke's throat under his hands as he enclosed his hands around Zeke's trachea. "Fuck nigga, get off of her!" he shouted, pulling him off of Lotus.

While the two were sleeping, Zeke had snuck into the room, managing to put one of his hands over Lotus's mouth. He cut open her shirt with the knife and began to cut her on her chest, as well as her arms. Light gashes and a few slightly deeper gashes appeared over Lotus' body. Lotus was starting to lose a fair amount of blood, making her fatigued.

Zeke took the knife in his hand and stabbed it into Reese's arm, leaving behind a huge gash. Reese screeched in agony, immediately letting go of him. Zeke started to choke and gag as his lungs sucked in as much air as they could to make up for the oxygen debt.

Zeke got up and sent a kick to Reese's stomach, causing him to fall over on his side. A thud sounding off as his body hit the cold concrete beneath him, making him gasp out. He continued to kick Reese a few more times in the stomach, making him spit up blood.

Panting hard, Zeke stepped back, wiping the beads of sweat that had formed on his forehead. He walked out of the room, leaving the two to bask in the infliction of pain he brought upon them.

Once the door slammed, Reese ripped his shirt off his body; he tore it into a tourniquet, wrapping it around where he cut. He bit down on the other end of the tie and pulled it with his teeth, making it tighter to slow down the loss of blood.

Once he was done, he forced himself up to his feet, holding onto the wall as he made his way over to Lotus. The chain around his neck pulled him back, indicating that he could go no further—she was merely a few inches away from him.

"R-Reese," he heard her soft voice call out to him as she laid in the same spot that Zeke left her. Reese could see the pool of blood that was forming around her body as she continued to slowly bleed out. Some of the cuts that weren't as deep or big weren't clotting; the blood flows continuously as it didn't stop.

"I'm coming, ma," Reese heaved, breathing hard, wincing in pain. He stretched his arm out, touching the tip of her foot. He grabbed it and pulled her towards him. "Stay wit' me, okay?" he laid her across his lap. He took strips from his shirt and repeated the same steps he did to his arm.

While he was doing that, he could see that she was in and out of consciousness. Even with the tourniquet around most of the cuts, the blood flow did not stop. He was beginning to worry as he didn't have any more cloth to put around it. It put fear in him, seeing her that way, given the fact that she was one of the strongest people he knew. It physically pained him to see her in this much pain.

After he was done, he took the remainder of his torn shirt and applied pressure on her chest. Lotus groaned, slowly opening her eyes to look up at Reese. "Reese?" she weakly spoke up. Reese hummed, grabbing her hand with his free hand. "I'm ready to go,"