perks of loving somebody

warning: the thing escalates pretty quickly lol.

Will never meant to end up in that situation, he felt numb and was coming fresh from having his heart broken, bones couldn't be any worse, could they?

He panted as he was finally left alone, bleeding on the pavement and his whole body hurt. The aching pain shouldn't have felt that good, it was almost euphoric but it made him forget about the tragic events from just hours prior. Mike looking at him in disgust as he recoiled away from him as if he carried the plague.

Will closed his eyes, letting out a broken sob from the very deepest of his lungs until he was left breathless. Okay maybe intentionally provoking some random guys from the road so they could use him as his punching bag was a little over the edge and dramatic for the matter. He couldn't help it though, his heart hurt so much he'd rather be dead. Will was just desperate, acting from his own crippling anxiety when he approached the group of college students, visibly drunk by the way.

His sobs didn't come to an end any soon. Who was gonna listen to him anyway? He was almost in the middle of nowhere, laying on the pavement at the edge of the road, not enough for a car to pass over him but fairly near for one to pass right in front of his eyes. Maybe he should get up.

With a loud gasp he turned around, laying his hands on the dirty ground, trying to find his breath. His stomach hurt and his legs felt weak, no way he was gonna make it home in that state. He saw drops of blood falling to the ground, maybe from his mouth maybe from his nose, Will couldn't care less as his sobs flooded his ears once again. How pathetic.

He stayed like that for seconds or probably minutes, Will didn't know as his chest clenched, letting out more pained sounds while his fists hit the ground repeatedly, silently cursing Max and her stupid bets, Mike's words ringing at the back of his head.

"No way! I'm not gonna kiss a guy, I'm not a fag, that's gross"

It stang and felt bitter on his tongue, words spat with so much venom it was enough to get Will poisoned. Or perhaps he was overreacting. Great! He just got the living shit beat out of him for nothing. What was he expecting? Certainly not what happened, Mike had his own meltdowns and grew incredibly defensive when talking about his 'masculinity', courtesy of his father, but he never directed any of that to Will. Well, he didn't exactly directed it to Will but that disgusted look on his face sure was. Then Mike avoiding him for the rest of the school day, he couldn't take it, something in him was about to explode, his throat and chest felt too heavy and his heart was pulsing against his chest with so much force Will feared he might pass out, he needed to get rid of it, acting on nerve and finally ending up here.

He felt much better though, there was something freeing about your bones hurting so much you couldn't concentrate on anything else. Will's cries ceased and he stood up, taking his bag with him as he (barely) walked home. His mom wasn't there until late so he could make some excuse about the probably visible bruises on his body later.

Will took deep breaths, head aching and tears still running down his crimson tinted cheeks. He felt like he was thirteen again, coming from school crying everyday because 'Mike!' He wasn't now though, he was now sixteen and perfectly aware Mike would never reciprocate his feelings.

He dryly chuckled to himself, maybe thinking he was over with that was a big lie. Will never stopped trying to get Mike's attention but at least he could ignore the constant pangs on his heart, cease the tears on his eyes and stop doodling Mike's face every time he was bored. But just hours ago it felt like the wound Mike left in his heart opened again, apparently never fully healing and Will hated it so much, hated giving Mike that much control over him sometimes.