(It's safe to assume they were secretly mocking their children in their mind prison even if they couldn't see them. Or watching Spongebob somewhere.)

"I hate this."
Logan sighed.

Adira didn't get to respond seeing as her phone started ringing, making them both flinch.

"Marcel?"
Addy answered the phone, relaxing slightly at the thought of a family member.

"Addy, I'm just checking in on you. Both of you. You sure you don't wanna tell me where you are?"

"And risk you showing up here? No thanks. You need to protect the others while I play hero and Logan my sidekick."
Adira told her brother who sighed into the phone.

"I know."
Marcel groaned at the same time as Logan grinned:"I love being a sidekick!"

Adira smiled at her best friend and Marcel rolled his eyes on his side of the phone.

What a strange boy Logan was.

"So, how's it going, youngsters?"
The dark skinned man asked his sister who sighed.

"Well, we found the shard but there are certain unexpected...complications."
She trailed off, not knowing how to explain the rather unfortunate situation they were in.

"What happened?"
Marcel asked worriedly and Logan winced as he thought about their little problem while taking a gum out of his fanny pack.

"The shard is inside a person."
Adira told Marcel with a frown plastered onto her face, her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"So just use your magic to extract it."
Marcel told her, not understanding the problem due to lack of information he'd soon receive.

"The shard...it woke up a comatose kid and if I extract he'll most likely die."
The blonde teenager rushed out and the line went quiet for a few seconds as her brother took in what she said.

"Well fuck."

(A/N: Oh my fucking frick Marcellus can't you watch your fucking language??¿¿ Like, the audacity¿¿!)

Adira and Logan waited until night to make sure that Bazil's family had left before they returned to his room, no longer invisible.

Their plan was to try and extract the shard without killing Bazil, so he would at least be alive.

The boy was sleeping and Logan was watching the door while Adira walked over to him, ignoring her phone as she saw that Marcel was trying to call again.

She held her hand above his forehead and didn't move as she stared down at the shard.

She didn't want to do this.

She didn't to risk his life.

"Are you going to kill me?"
A small voice asked and Addy froze as her eyes flashed to Bazils.

He was awake.

Having heard the boy, Logan walked over quickly as he assessed the situation and came up with a solution within a second.

"I can knock him out?"
He offered Adira who rolled her eyes at him.

"No! Go back to the door, I'll...take care of this."
She whisper-yelled and Logan glanced at Bazil before squeezing her hand and returning to his post.

"Are you going to kill me? I don't mind."
Bazil told her, his eyes gleaming strongly, no fear in them, only expectance.

"I'm not going to kill you! And even if I did want to, you should be panicking or something like that."
Adira told the younger boy who smiled at her.