Mya frowned with her eyes closed, trying to push that devil out of her mind. Tomorrow was the first day of the summit and she needed all of her rest to rejuvenate her patience and energy. Especially with Tristan and her other co-workers roaming around, she had to prepare herself to be the calmest she could possibly be.

She had to represent Saylo. That meant she had to be on her best possible behavior and drinking was crossed off the list for tomorrow. At this point, she didn't understand attending these summits anymore. Saylo had all their dream partnerships and some of the most talented workers under their wing.

Mya quickly gave up on trying to figure out why it was all necessary. Her mind floated off to what Jeanie mentioned about one night stands. It's been a long time since she's received any physical attention.

Like most people, Mya enjoyed sex. She loves the idea of being naked and vulnerable with someone — caving into carnal desires and reaching several peaks. She loved being touched, taken cared of, and being able to do the same for someone else.

Masturbation never came easy for the dark-haired raven. She could never quite reach the peak she was aiming for on her own. Her mind would separate and get lost in millions of places, thus scattering her concentration. Her own nimble fingers were simply not enough. She craved the touch and heat of someone else. She wanted someone else to desire her and foam at the thought of her naked.

She cringed to herself. There was no time for these selfish thoughts, but how selfish did she crave to be. She missed being ... appreciated. She missed having someone's attention all to herself, but the wish was quickly shot down by a flash of pain in her chest.

Look how much trouble allowing someone in caused.

Mya opened her eyes back up, her vision bleary and spotty. She was going to take another shower before heading to bed even though each bone in her body severely protested against it. She was already so comfortable and the fact that this was the first night in a long time she didn't need a drink to soften her spirit was an accolade she thought she'd never acquire.

❚ ❚ ❚

May wore a black skin-tight dress. Her arms and most of her shoulders were exposed and her hair was well put together in a nice fishtail braid. The dress stopped mid-thigh, more than enough to get away with. Her black pumps matching with her entire outfit and her name tag pinned above her left breast. Her diamond studs shining like the sun.

She put on light makeup, not like she ever really needed it, but she had to look especially attractive tonight. If there was one thing she couldn't stand about the summits was that everyone talked.

They talked about how representatives from certain companies looked, how they presented themselves, what they wore, how they acted, and sometimes who they were with. Sometimes it wasn't even a good idea to bring along significant others.

The business world is made up of gossip, competition, and judgment so Mya did whatever she could to avoid any negative remark that would somehow trail its way right back to Saylo.

It was childish, but that was life for her. You couldn't escape any of those 3 things no matter what career you ended up in. She only hoped her reluctant co-workers cared the same amount — especially Tristan, who sometimes found it hard to contain himself around attractive women.

Arriving at the large Santa Praiser convention center, which was currently flooded with tons of cars and dressed up people, Mya gave her car keys to the valet, tipping graciously and making note of the man she gave her keys to.