Chapter 6: Celeste

I fiddled with my headset, spinning my pencil between my fingers at my desk at home and stared at my computer screen. I'd been sitting here for a few hours, just waiting. Really, I'd been waiting for a few days. It was almost 2 am, and I was starting to feel like an idiot.

I'd thought I would hear from Alex by now, but maybe he was just being kind about calling back for me last time we talked. That or he was playing hard to get. I scoffed out loud and dropped my pencil onto my sketch pad, leaning back in my chair and rubbing my face in frustration.

Between the nerves of working with Liam, and staying up late every night to see if Alex would call, I was a mess. A bundle of nerves, almost constantly wet at the anticipation of talking to Alex battling with the memory of the way Liam looked in his work suits.

My eyes began to get heavy, and I sighed with resignation that it would be another night of disappointment. I took the headset off and set it down, reaching for the mouse to say I was offline and unavailable for calls. Just as I was about to click off, a notification popped up on the screen and made me jump.

"Customer ALEX requesting private chat. Would you like to accept?"

My heart rate went from 0-100 in point three seconds, and I moved my mouse away from the logout button and over to "yes" so fast I almost sprained my wrist.

The messenger app popped up, a message from Alex there already.

"Hey Cassie. Sorry it took me a few days, I've been a bit preoccupied. Hope you didn't forget about me?"

There was no fighting the giant smile on my face, relief flooding me as I typed back.

"Sorry, who is this?" I giggled to myself and watched as three dots indicating he was typing popped up.

"I'm the one who made your pussy wet when we talked on the phone last, Cassie."

My cheeks flushed, and I debated what to respond with. Before I could reply, he started typing again.

"Don't try to deny it. I could tell that little moan you let out was a real one, not faked like I'm sure it is for all the other men you end up on the phone with."

Another one of those little moans slipped from my mouth reading those words. God, this man was dangerous.

"Maybe I'm so good at my job that you wouldn't be able to tell either way."

"If you give me access to your private line I can assure you that you wouldn't have to fake a single thing with me, whether I could tell or not."

I tapped my fingers on the desk, contemplating. Honestly, I didn't see how it could go wrong for me. He'd be paying extra for the private line tonight and any other night he called. The only thing was that he'd be able to reach me through my phone app, which meant he could contact me at any time. I had never given anyone access to it, but he tempted me like no other. Before I could decide either way, he started to type another message.

" Please, Cassandra. I miss your voice. I want to have access to it without having to go through all these channels. I want to hear it late at night when I can't sleep, in the mornings when you haven't fully woken up, and maybe even in the middle of the day where all you can say is 'yes' or 'no' because you don't want anyone else to know what you're doing."

Fuck. My nipples had hardened, panties getting wetter with every word I read. By the time I got to the end of the message, I was convinced. It might be a fucking terrible decision, but I gave him the number for my private line, without another word. Seconds later, it rang through on my phone and I accepted the call.

"Thank fuck Cassie, I wasn't sure you were going to say yes."

A throaty laugh left me. "I wasn't sure either for a minute."

"What made you give in?" His voice was dark, raspy, and I closed my eyes to better enjoy it.

"I'm... I don't know."

"I think you do, dirty Cassandra." He paused, but I had no idea what to say. Imagine that- the phone sex operator, at a loss for words. "I think you want to talk to me just as much as I want to talk to you."

"I suppose that's a possibility."

"Hmm. Where are you?"

"I'm in my room."

"Details, Cassie. Where in your room? What were you doing before I called?"

"I'm at my desk. I was drawing." Sort of. I hadn't gotten much done since I'd mostly been focused on waiting to hear from him. Not that he needed to know that.

"Really?" Interest and a little surprise colored his voice. "What do you like to draw?"

"Anything. Everything. Whatever comes to mind."

"I'd like to see something someday. But for now, I have another question for you."

I'd become a little flustered when he said he wanted to see my drawings, so grateful that he'd moved on quickly. I didn't even care what the question was; I'd never shown anyone my drawings or other art, not even Madison. If he seriously asked to see them in that voice of his, how was I supposed to turn him down, despite my reluctance to share that side of myself?

"And what question is that?"

"What are you wearing?" I could hear the smile in his voice, and I laughed lightly at the typical question.

"Really? That's the question you're going to go with?"

"Yep. But here's the catch; I want to know what you're really wearing, not what you think I want to hear."

"If you insist." I looked down at myself before beginning. "I'm wearing light gray sweatpants that are a few sizes too big because I like the comfort. A Peanuts t-shirt on top."

"Cute."

"I guess. What I really like about the shirt though," I continued as I lowered my voice to a more seductive tone, "is that I've worn it so much that the neck is stretched out enough that it kind of just hangs off one of my bare shoulders, and it's basically see-through. And since I'm not wearing a bra underneath..."

I heard his sharp intake of breath as I trailed off, and let the self-satisfaction fill me.

"I can just imagine the way it'd tempt my eyes to follow the line of your collar bone to where the shirts molds to the curves of your full, delicious tits."

"You'd definitely be able to see the dark shadows of my nipples, and the way they stand out through the thin cotton, begging for your hands or your tongue."

"Shit, Cassie." His groan filled my ear before he spoke again. "I need you to go to your bed. Take your sweats off and lay down on your back."

My body was moving before he even finished the demand. Letting my pants fall to my feet, I stepped out of them and fell back into my pillows.

"I'm there, Alex."

"Good girl." I let out a whimper at the two words, never knowing that they would have that kind of affect on me. "I want you to do everything I tell you, unless it makes you completely uncomfortable. If it does, just let me know and I'll switch gears."

"Okay," I agreed with more enthusiasm than I really wanted to show. His quiet laugh confirmed he knew exactly how excited I was for whatever was about to happen. I lay on my bed, wetter than I'd ever been before, waiting for the instructions that I was sure were going to make me come... hard.