Popular, or Whatever - 24

Beginne am Anfang

"A bit nerve-racking, isn't this?" Holy shit! I jump at the sound of this mystery person right behind me and turn to see PHILIP F-ING J. COULSON "I'm agent Coulson and this is agent Johnson and Mack" SKYE AND MACK I literally cant-!!!

Suppressing all the excitement, I give them a huge smile. "I'm Payton, it's nice-no, amazing to meet you!" They all laugh lightly and Skye opens her mouth to speak. "Yes, we know who you are! We were wondering if you wanted to come with us? We're tracking a suspect." I nodded and they led me to Coulson's office. As we went by each room, I took notice of all the things I used to see on TV and all of the people, Fitz-Simmons, Mack, Coulson, Skye! I was yet to meet Hunter and May but was excited for that as well. 

--

"Meet dwight frye -- Former programmer, serial online gamer, and I.T. Guy." Coulson questioned, "The killer has an I.T. Guy?" Skye posed a better question, though. "What if he was one before he changed?"

"Interesting theory." I looked between them, wanting to add to the conversation. I thought of what episode we were on, honed it in, and quoted them word for word. "He works for the social security administration. He'd have access to all kinds of records, be able to track people." Skye and Coulson nodded and she replied, "Yeah, but he hasn't been there in weeks. Forget that. How did the atcu not track him? He's one of their own. He's a government employee." Coulson shook his head, "You think the atcu knew about him?"

"Worse. What if they're running him?" I shook my head, "That seems like a stretch.." Coulson, agreeing, added, "Yeah, I think the conspiracy nut in you had a few too many lattes this morning." I smiled, Coulson always has his cute little jokes. "I did have a latte. It was a double. But if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were defending the atcu. Or the dragon lady." Oop- tea! "I assume you mean rosalind."

"Not that I know you or anything, but the first-name basis seems questionable." Skye strongly agreed, "I mean, don't feel bad. She's sharp, attractive, head of a big, shady organization..."

I don't like where this is going." "You think I do?" Coulson put down his coffee and looked her in the eye. "Go grab mack and a flight team. We're gonna see what this mr. Frye has to say for himself." Skye nodded and left, "Copy that."

~Time Skip Due to My Great Gatsby Essay Getting An A~(A/N: Does everyone have to read Great Gatsby and Scarlet Letter or is it just me??)

We arrive to find "Rosalind" at the scene already. Glaring at the woman, Skye complains to Coulson, "Look who's here. Her again?" Coulson shakes his head and rolls his eyes. "Remember, best behavior." She turns to Phil and speaks. "Coulson." "Ms. Price. See? Called you first this time." She smiles, "Very nice of you." Mack interrupts the love affair, "Signs of life inside?" 

"All quiet. Perimeter's locked up." Ms. Price starts talking to Coulson about holding facility, when she leans over his shoulder to see me. "New agent?" Phil smiled and nodded, nudging me in front of him. "Rosalind, this is Payton L/n Stark. She's a new intern of sorts." She looks me up and down and gets closer. "Stark, huh? What need would you have for a child intern to come with you on missions?" Child? Miss bitch- I honed in on my emotions and flicked my hand one direction. All of the ATCU soldiers were flung to the other side of the street. "What need would you have for that ugly-ass wig?" Skye and Mack tried to hide their smiles, walking into the building. However, Coulson couldn't hide the chuckle that came from his mouth, as he went up the steps. 

We came in and split up. I got stuck with upstairs duty and checked all of the rooms, finding literally nothing. As I hurried back downstairs, I realized they'd already found him. "If we want answers, might help if she's not here.
Just a thought." Coulson signed and turned to see me walk into the room. He motioned for me to come over. Rosalind Price walked around, surveying the room. "Well, pretty strong meds you got here." The suspect started talking, "Ever since I turned, migraine hits me like a bus. Anytime I get close to one of...Whatever we are. The rash is just a bonus." Coulson turned to face him, "So you're a diving rod for others like you. Is that how you find your victims?" He shook his head, "I don't know what you're talking about."

They continued to have this conversation about victims; I tuned most of it out, as it was kinda boring. I opened a pack of dessert skittles on his desk and popped a Blueberry Tart and Key Lime Pie. "Ahem. Miss L/n Stark." I looked up to see that Miss Price was looking expectantly at me. "Sorry. Yes?" She smiled nicely(and a bit aggressively) at me and repeated her question. "I was wondering why this guy isn't getting a headache with you around??" Oh. "Well, I'm not an inhuman." "Really," she asked. " Than what are you exactly??" Why is it your problem exactly?? She looked at me again shyly and walked away, suggesting that I said that out loud. Again??