Where the Monument's Built By Slaves- 23

Payton's POV

At the Decathlon, the students are scribbling. I look down to see the glowing core in Liz's purse. That's what she gets! Did you expect anything else??

We're tying right now; Midtown 46, Southwestern 46. The moderator gets my attention by speaking, "we have now entered sudden death."I compose myself, a bit nervous, but trying to be calm and placing my hands on the buzzer.  I see Flash take a deep breath, clearly nervous. The Moderator tells us the next correct answer wins the championship. I want to answer this one, but I don't want to ruin MJ's chances of getting captain. And I answered the last ten...

Michelle looks at me quickly, seeing the approving smile on my face. She hits the answer bell with a bored, impassive look. "Midtown Tech?" Michelle answers, "Zero." With a horrible pause, the moderator replies, "That is correct. Midtown takes the championship!" Ned hugs Michelle and she smiles. More Midtown students pile in for a group hug. She stands and runs towards me at the end of the table and I start running too. 

A second later we end up hugging on the floor, laughing our asses off. Who knew I would be here right now? With FRIENDS?!?! could've been dead, burned....or doing homework on a Saturday with no friends....

~ Time Skip due to Eleven DuMpIng Mike's Ass~

Third Person POV

The Midtown High students are walking toward the Washington Monument.

Student: We won!

Liz: You guys, I am so proud of you.

Flash: Told you we didn't need Peter.

Ned: Flash, you didn't answer a single question.

Payton: Facts! Not even y=3x+6!

Michelle is standing alone with a book.

Mr. Harrington: Taking it all in, Michelle?

Michelle: Oh, yeah, I just... um, I don't really want to celebrate something that was built by slaves.

Payton: Me neither! Some of these monuments are kinda....

Mr. Harrington: Oh, it's okay kids! I'm sure the Washington Monument wasn't built by-

Mr. Harrington looks up at the monument. A park ranger wobbles his hand as a confirmation to Michelle's words. Mr. Harrington purses his lips and walks away.

Mr. Harrington: Okay. Enjoy your book. BAHAHAHA

Michelle: Thanks.

Peter swings on top of a bus. Peter and Ned finally reach each other on the phone.

Peter: Oh, Ned, you're alive!

Ned is at the Washington Monument, about to get a security check.

Ned: (whispers) Peter, are you okay?

Peter: Ned, Ned, where's the glowy thing, the glowy thing?

Ned: Don't worry, it's safe. It's in my backpack.....nevermind. It's gone!

Ned puts his backpack down on the conveyor belt for an X-ray security scan.

Peter: No, Ned, listen! Where did you last have it?! No, no, Ned, the glowy thing is dangerous.

Ned: You missed the Decathlon. I covered for you. I'm not gonna worry about this right now.