Proposal gone wrong - 26

(A/N: Hey guys! I ended up being surprisingly busy over break, so I'm gonna attempt to write during the week. My birthday was actually during break and I'm now newly 16! There are about 3 or 4 more chapters, as Homecoming is over, but I'd like to know if anyone wants a second book maybe? Anyways, the story's below)

Payton's POV

Helicopters are still flying around the ferry. Peter is perching on the edge of a building, sans mask, when Iron Man flies over to us. Honestly, I do think that there was a responsibility misplaced in Peter. Not that I don't like him and think he can handle most things. But, he's attempting to carry way more than I believe he's ready for. And I think he knows that too. However, I will stop my little self-monologue to hear whatever Father Stark is saying, "Previously on Peter Screws the Pooch: I tell you to stay away from this. Instead, you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do." Peter runs a hand through his hair, which is an obvious tell that he's stressed out.  He mutters, "Is everyone okay?" Tony nodded, responding with "No thanks to you." 

Angered, Peter jumps off the edge and approaches Tony. "No thanks to me?" I mean, Tony's not wrong, is he? All of those people almost died... He continued; "Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it. But you didn't listen. None of this would've happened if you had just listened to me. If you even cared, you'd actually be here." The Iron Man suit opens, revealing Tony inside. He steps down from the suit and marches toward Peter, who backs off. Usually Tony sends a suit with JARVIS in it, so this must be important to him. "I did listen, kid. Who do you think called the FBI, huh? Do you know that I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was crazy to recruit a 14-year-old kid." Peter attempted to correct the false age, "I'm fifteen." There's a point where you know not to speak. Smh

This seemed to anger Tony even more. "No, this is where you zip it, all right? The adult is talking. What if somebody had died tonight? Different story, right? 'Cause, that's on you. And if you died, I feel like that's on me. I don't need that on my conscience." Peter nodded, responding "Yes, sir. I-I'm sorry." Tony told him that sorry didn't cut it, which when lives are on the line, it really doesn't matter whether he apologized or not. "I understand. I just wanted to be like you." And as Tony doesn't have an opinion that high of himself he said, "And I wanted you to be better. Okay, it's not working out. I'm gonna need the suit back." Peter's eye's widened. "For how long?" Forever is a long time. Hearing that Tony was taking his suit forever, Peter shakes his head with a shocked expression, like he could change his mind. "Yeah. Yeah, that's how it works." Peter pleaded with him, "No, no, no... Please, please, please..." Tony nodded, trying to listen to his defense. "Let's have it." 

"You don't understand. Please. This is all I have. I'm nothing without this suit." Tony obviously didn't like this answer; "If you're nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it. Okay? God, I sound like my dad. Speaking of dad..." He turned to me. Oh shit. "What was your part in this Peloton?" I looked between the two of them, debating whether or not I should take the blame. "She didn't do anything. She was on the phone when it happened and helped you fixed the ship after." I shook my head, "But-" Peter then turned to me with pleading eyes. "I don't want you to take the blame for something I did, I really care about you. And she was very responsible, actually. She was on the phone with my Aunt May." Tony looked slightly impressed and focused his attention on Peter."I don't have any other clothes." Tony sighed, "Okay, we'll sort that out." Peter ended up wearing Hello Kitty pants and an oversized NYC tourist T-shirt. I thought that was kinda cool, as that picture was my Macbook background when I was still in my world.