VI.

After I finally calmed down, I didn't want to risk running into the psycho again, so I decided to go through the air vent to god knows where. I was crawling through the dust for a long time until I finally saw light coming out from my left. I clambered to the hole and kicked the entrance air vent two times, when it popped out and landed on the ground. I jumped out, hissing a little, since my knees were covered in blood and bruises. I was hoping I would get outside and find someone or warn my friends, but I found myself in another dark, ancient looking, dimly lit room.

I looked around, clutching onto the, before cute fluffy white towel, that was now covered in dust, blood and who knows what else. The room was dirty with brick walls and an old table up against it. I slowly reached the desk and a file lying on it snatched my attention. I picked it up with shaky hands and opened it. I realized that it was a comprehensive psychiatric report on Josh. I read though it and found out information on his previous experiences with psychiatric treatment and medication. "What..." I let my voice trail off confusingly. I knew he had problems when his sisters died, but I had no idea he was sick since his childhood.

Suddenly I noticed a dim light coming from a shelf on a cabinet nearby. When I came closer, I saw that a phone released this light. I picked it up and slid my finger along the screen in order to open it. It unlocked and displayed a message conversation with a Dr. Hill. Right, I read about him in the report. He's Josh's psychiatrist. I felt goosebumps all over my body while reading though the messages.

Dr. Hill: Hi Josh, it's Alan. I hope you don't mind me texting you, but this is important. I got your email. I don't think that your plan is going to help. I think you need to stop what you're doing and come to see me.

Dr. Hill: Please, pick up your phone. I'm getting worried.

Josh: LEAVE ME ALONE

Dr. Hill: Are you still taking your meds?

Josh: I'm fine

Dr. Hill: It's very dangerous to stop taking your drugs mid-course Josh.

Dr. Hill: Contact my office to make an appointment, please.

Dr. Hill: Josh?

Dr. Hill: Josh, please respond.

"What was that about?" I wondered, as I continued looking though the room. At that point I was really curious as to what the hell was going on. I reached a small shelf and moved two boxes out of the way, since I saw something on the stones behind. It was a clipboard, displaying various photos, texts, and news articles, all related to Hannah and Beth. "Ugh... creep city," I mumbled upon seeing a post-it note, pinned on one of the photos, which read "NEVER FORGET".

I moved through a hole in the wall, where a door was supposed to be and heard some electricity buzzing, coming from the end of the corridor I was in. I followed the sound and reached huge wooden door with a small opening at the top of it. It sounded as if the noise was coming from that room, so I quietly stood on my toes and looked inside. What I saw made me shiver out of fear, as I backed away. Inside was the psycho, looking at numerous monitors, which showed security footages of random rooms, that certainly weren't supposed to have cameras in them.

As I was walking though the unfamiliar hallways, I stumbled upon a voice recorder. I was sure, the psycho's room was far away enough and so I obeyed my curious me and played it. At first I heard the psycho's distorted voice saying: "Hello. And thank you all for joining me. Tonight, we're going to conduct a little experiment." But the voice that was played right afterwards saying: "Hello. Hello, children. Nah... That's not right," he cleared his throat, "Greetings, pilgrims," sounded awfully lot like Josh's.