Prologue - One year ago

It was a stormy winter night, when four teenagers gathered in the kitchen of a big cold cabin. The hut's ceiling only illuminated half of the big messy room. Among the many cups and empty bottles that could be seen everywhere, laid two drunk males – Chris, who has dirty blond hair in a faux-hawk style and was wearing glasses, and Josh, who has short chocolate-brown hair, a slightly tan skin and green eyes. Meanwhile a girl with short, dark brown hair that goes below her chin with bangs underneath her beanie, Beth, was standing by the window, far from all the others, washing dishes.

"Oh my god! I can't believe you actually did this," Emily exclaimed, with a surprised, but excited voice. She is an Asian-American girl with above shoulder-length black hair and light brown eyes. She has an olive skin and a small birthmark above her right eyebrow.

"Shhh... shhh... shhh...," Jess hushed them, laughing. Jessica has grey eyes and beige blonde hair styled in two Dutch braids.

"Don't you guys think this is a little bit cruel?" asked Sam, who had her blonde hair tied in a messy bun at the back of her head, with a few locks framing her face. She was Hannah's best friend.

"Oh, come on, she deserves it," Jess insisted.

"It's not her fault that she has a huge crush on Mike-"

"Hannah's been making the moves on him." Jess interrupted her. "I'm just looking out for my girl Em," she continued and threw a smile towards Emily and Mike, her boyfriend, a brunet with brown eyes, while turning around and walking out to the living room.

"Just because he's class Prez doesn't mean he belongs to everyone...," Emily spat as she rushed behind Jessica. "Mike is my man."

"Hey, Em," her boyfriend groaned in an annoyed voice "I'm not anybody's man."

"Whatever you say, Darling!" she laughed.

The three of them continued walking towards the guest room, as Sam climbed up the stairs in hopes of finding Hannah, before it was too late. She entered another section of the big house and called out: "Hannah!"

In the guest room, five teens were laughing, while trying to find a place to hide. Ashley, a Caucasian girl with a medium-length layered red hair and green eyes with smoky eyeshadow, hid behind the door and Matt, an African-American with short black hair and brown eyes, hid in a closet. Emily and Jessica laid under the bed and Mike stayed in the middle of the room, waiting.

"She's here... shh!" Emily whispered while giggling.

"Mike?" said Hannah, walking alone in the dark scary hallway, holding a candle in her hand. She has medium-shoulder length dark brown hair and brown eyes. She adjusted her glasses, as nervously opened the door to the guest room. "Mike?" she whispered, while closing the door behind her. "It's Hannah" she continued, turning around.

"Hey, Hannah."

On the other side of the house, Beth, Hannah's twin sister, was still standing by the window, left out, since she would never agree to making a prank on her twin. Suddenly she saw something moving outside, in the woods.

"Hey... did you see that?" she asked, but there was no answer. "Dad said it'd just be us this weekend," she murmured. "Josh?" she called out, while walking to her passed-out brother. "Jeez Josh...," she sighed, looking at all the empty bottles of alcohol he had lying next to him. "Once again brother you've outdone yourself." She made an attempt at waking him up, but with no success. Then she noticed a paper lying on the kitchen counter. She picked it up and started reading.

Hannah. You look so damn hot in that shirt... but I bet you're even hotter out of it. Come to the guest room at 2:00 am :-) Mike xxx

"Oh my god," she stammered in a quiet, disappointed voice, "what did our naïve sister get herself into now?" she continued talking to Josh.

Back in the guest room, Hannah moved a little closer to her crush.

"I got your note," she explained with an uncertain voice.

"Glad you could make it," he retorted. After a while of quiet he continued. "Maybe we should start with a little, you know, making out, and see where it goes from there."

"Ohhhhhh, hell yeah," Mike reacted, as Hannah started to unbutton her shirt.

"Oh my God! She's taking her shirt off!" Jessica suddenly whisper-yelled under the bed, loud enough to get noticed by Hannah.

"What...? Oh my god!" she yelped as all the teens started to get out of their hiding places. "Matt!?" she snapped towards the guy holding a go-pro, recording it. "What are you doing here!?"

At that moment Sam bust the door open and ran into the room "Hannah!"

"Uh, I'm sorry, Hannah, this all got outta hand, but...," Mike tried to apologize.

"Hannah, hey, honey.... Don't... it's just a...," Sam mumbled.

"Mike...!" Hannah cried in an upset tone, as she turned around and ran out of the room.

"...stupid prank," Sam finished sadly.

"uh...damn!" Mike sighed.

"You guys are jerks. You know that?" Sam yelled at them in an angry voice, before running after her friend. "HANNAH!"

Beth, still in the kitchen saw movement outside the window. "Guys-" she shouted as she opened the door to the living room "there's someone outside! ... What the hell...?" There was no one inside, so she ran towards the front door since that's where all the others were heard talking.

"Hannah!" she heard Sam scream, just before catching up with them in front of the house.

"What's going on? Where's my sister going?" she wondered angrily, with irritation and fear staining her voice, when she pushed through the others.

"Ugh, it's fine...she just can't take a joke...," Jess sneered in an attempt to alleviate the situation.

"It was just a prank, Han!" Emily yelled into the woods.

Beth glared at them. "What did you do?!?"

"We were just messing around Beth.... It wasn't serious-" Mike tried to calm her down.

"You JERKS!" Beth retorted, as she ran after her sister into the woods, still calling her name. "Hannah! HANNAH!"

"So...should we go after her?" Mike asked, as Beth left.

"Y'know I kinda think you're the LAST person she wants to see right now, Mike," Sam spat at him.

Beth followed the footsteps she saw in the snow. "Oh shit!" She aired, as she almost tripped. She continued running, until she came across a crossroad. There were footprints leading to the left, but she heard a noise coming from the right and decided to follow it. "Damn it, Hannah...," she cursed to herself, "where are you?" Once again, she found footprints and continued running. As she was getting tired, she slowed down and took her phone out, because it was too dark. There were noises coming from all around her. "Hello?"

"Hellooo?!" "HANNAH?" Suddenly she saw fire on her right side, but it disappeared as fast as it showed up. "What the hell was that...."

"Hannah?" "Hannah!?" she whisper-yelled as she saw someone sitting in the snow, trembling.

"Hello?" she heard her sister stammer.

"Hannah! Oh my God you must be freezing," Beth gasped as she took her jacked off. "Here, take my coat," she commanded, putting it over her uncovered body.

"I'm such an idiot! I'm so dumb...," Hannah sobbed. Suddenly they heard branches break, as if something what coming towards them.

"Hannah...?"

"Beth...?" she whispered, as they both started running, while crying out of fear.

"Jesus Christ!" Hannah cursed when they stopped at a cliff with no way back. They held hands, as they moved closer to the cliff, to get further away from the thing, that was chasing them.

"No! No. Shit! No...," Beth stuttered, feeling helpless. "Get back!" she screamed at the thing. Suddenly Hannah's leg slipped, and they started falling. "FUCK!" Beth was able to grab a protruding branch and still held her sisters' hand in her own. She saw fire and heard the creature shrieking and realized a man was reaching his hand towards her. But she couldn't hold on, so she let go. Both of the girls screamed, as they fell into the darkness.