27 - Sweet dreams

Start from the beginning

Groggily, I opened my eyes, adjusting to the darkness. Red candles flickered in the darkness along the perimeter of the room. The sweet smell of red berries and cinnamon filled my lungs, making me feel at ease despite the fact I had no idea were I was. Too lethargic to think, I rested my head against the pillows and let my eyelids flutter shut.

"Wakey wakey prom queen."

Reluctantly, I opened my eyes in order to find out who the voice belonged to.

"Chards, I'm so sorry," began Jasiah who was leaning on the dresser. "Eva sent me the video of Anna getting jumped and I'm sorry I didn't believe you earlier because you never stole the watch."

"Hmm, well you should have but what's with all the candles?"

"I just wanted to give you a present for winning prom queen."

My eyes narrowed. "What do you mean by present? What present?"

"I promise you'll like it. You trust me, right?"

Jasiah stopped leaning on the dresser and pulled his Nike hoodie and white vest off, leaving my eyes to roam his athletic body. His gold chain glistened in the darkness, complimenting the sparkle from his earrings. His body was truly moulded like a Greek god, leaving me struggling to breathe properly. Jasiah sauntered over to me like a lion about to catch its prey. Kneeling over me, he grabbed my waist and flipped me over so that I was lying on my stomach.

"What the hell are you doing?" I squealed.

He gently pressed weight against me and entwined his fingers between mine. There was no way to wriggle out from being under his grasp now.

"We both know you want this, you've already made your clothes disappear," smirked Jasiah as he kissed my hair.

I glanced down and noticed that I only had a bralette and thongs on. Since when did I wear bralettes? Where had my prom dress gone?

I was about to protest but he shushed me.

"Just relax, you're so tense Chards," whispered Jasiah.

His warm breath tickled my ear, making my heart race faster. And for some reason, I nodded in agreement and giggled nervously. I was very tense. Sucking in a couple of deep breaths, I felt my muscles beginning to relax. Contented, Jasiah shifted his weight off of me. I glanced behind to see him squeeze a bottle of perfumed oil onto his hands.

As he touched my back, I melted underneath his finger tips massaging me.

"This is my gift to you," explained Jasiah  whilst he massaged my lower back. "How do you feel?"

Closing my eyes in pure bliss, I grinned, "Really g-good."

Jasiah continued to massage me for a few minutes but he caught me off guard when he started to kiss my neck - my weak spot.

"Jasiah I-"

"Chardonnay wake the fuck up!"

I feel drops of olive oil on my face. Anointing oil to be precise. My eyes flew wide open.

"Lord I know I haven't talked to you in ages but any demons inside of her, make them come out in the name of Jesus!" shouted Jasiah.

"Demons? What's wrong with you?" I snapped, rubbing my sore head.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? Bare rolling around and shouting like you're demon possessed."

I looked around the room. There were no red candles and I was still wearing my prom dress.

"What time is it?" I asked nervously.

"4am."

Wearily, Jasiah placed a glass of water and a small paracetamol tablet on the table beside the bed. He retreated instantly as if there were horns growing out of my head.

"For your hangover," added Jasiah.

"Wait does Kehlani have a shirt I can borrow please? I can't sleep in this dress."

Jasiah rolled his eyes. "I'm not waking up my sister just for a shirt."

Turning around, he started to sift through his dresser and threw a shirt and a pair of shorts into my lap.

"Thanks."

"So what, did I just perform an exorcism or were you having a bad dream?" questioned Jasiah.

I shifted uncomfortably. "A really bad dream. Well it wasn't bad because it was good but I'm glad it didn't really happen."

"Mmm, I hear that still."

Confused, Jasiah left the room muttering, "And they say men are mad."

Left alone, I recalled the dream I just had. Jasiah would never call me Chards,  only my mum does that. Shaking my head, I could almost feel warm palms massaging my back again. Is this what getting drunk does to you?

I guess this is what Katana must've been talking about. People don't just drink because it's alcohol, they drink to escape reality. Jasiah may not like me but I was pleased to gain a new friend in Katana.

I jumped out of the bed and began to change into Jasiah's clothes. Twirling in front of the mirror, I realise that I was wearing a durag and my makeup was gone. Frowning, I glanced over at the bed side table to see my false lashes placed on a tissue. I wonder if Katana was the one who took my lashes off for me.

- Sometimes your dreams can reveal your deepest desires

So Chardonnay gets woken up from her fantasy with Jasiah. What will happen in the morning when Jasiah confronts Chardonnay and her friends about prom? Don't forget to vote - Jaymunni