25 - Going somewhere?

Start from the beginning

"Didn't your mum teach you that knives are for preparing food in the kitchen?" asked Katana.

Rolling her eyes, Anna turned around to give Katana a dirty look. What Anna and I didn't anticipate, however, was Katana's rapid reflexes. I must've missed it as I blinked but the next thing I saw was the broken bottle shattering against the back of Anna's head. The knife fell to the ground. Glass sprayed everywhere like confetti. Anna fell backwards, clutching the back of her head. Yasmin dragged Anna off Kehlani and helped Kehlani up to her feet.

"Like you said, let's get serious," said Katana, bending over Anna. "What do you know about Chardonnay and the watch?"

"All I know is that I saw her put the watch in her bag."

Yasmin frowned. "How could you have seen Chardonnay put the watch in her bag when Chardonnay there was at least one of us near her?"

Katana and I exchanged glances as she narrowed her eyes at Anna. Realising she had been caught in her own lie, Anna tried to stand up to try and run away but Yasmin's arm grabbed her leg, dragging Anna back to the ground.

Katana kneeled down on Anna's chest. "Actually let's start from the beginning. Did you tell ZK to post a snap of Chardonnay?"

"How can I speak to ZK? He's Jasiah's opp from 19th."

"I beg you try lie to me again. We all know ZK's gang is called 19th."

Well I sure didn't.

"So lemme ask you again, did you tell ZK about Chardonnay and the watch?" continued Katana.

Anna rolled her eyes. "If I did, why would I tell you that?"

"Because if you don't start talking, you'll lose consciousness like your best friend Danni," answered Katana before punching Anna's nose.

Droplets of blood danced down her lip. Uncomfortable, I glanced away.

Wiping her nose, Anna muttered, "I took a photo of Chardonnay and sent it to Danni."

"You did what?"

"I told her post it on her man's snap story with the caption."

Huffing, Katana looked back at me apologetically. I grimaced as I shuffled closer to Anna.

"Did you put the watch in my bag?" I questioned.

Bitterly, Anna laughed, making the eerie sound echo off the walls.

"Answer her!" thundered Katana.

"I thought you might like to know that Jasiah visited Chiantí and Danni at 5am in Stoke Newington last week," grinned Anna.

I felt my cheeks warm with embarrassment. The air in my lungs felt like it was being sucked out. Why was I trying to lie to myself with scenarios in my head? I had no claim over Jasiah. I never have. And I never will.

"We didn't ask about that still," snapped Katana.

I crossed my arms. "I said did you steal the watch?"

"He doesn't want you Chardonnay."

He doesn't want you Chardonnay. Anna's words were like a sickle, cutting through my flesh, slicing into my heart. But before I could process my feelings, my hand shot out in a fist and collided into Anna's jawbone. The clicking sound of her jawbone dislocating rang through the air. Anna's eyes flew open, registering the searing pain. I shook my hand, trying to get rid of the tingle from punching her.

"Well damn, somebody woke up and chose violence," exclaimed Eva, switching off her phone that was recording.

We all stared at Anna clutching her jaw. I began to feel the guilt eat me up inside. I had broken her jaw. I was the one who was causing her pain.