21 - Whine and kotch

Start from the beginning

I looked back at everyone, picking out the faces of people that made my two years of sixth form pure hell.

"I'm sure you all now how I was treated by Anna and all of her friends but I won't stoop down to their level. Too much. All I ask is everyone should treat people with kindness like the kings and queens they are or that person just might snatch your crown. Thank you."

There were collective "ooo" sounds echoing around the hall as I stepped off the stage with my crown. I didn't wait for the teacher to place it on my head because I simply wanted to get rid of all the attention. All the lights from my classmates recording me, all the congratulations and the jealous glares were overwhelming. Miss James gave me hug whilst Tilly elbowed me, smirking. I stood next to Tilly, thinking about how my friends were chasing after Anna in order to clear my innocence. Things were beginning to fall into place. I watched the teacher announce a boy called Tion as the prom king. Tion was a quiet, darkskin boy with a sexy Colgate smile. He was one of the few popular people that was kind towards me. Maybe it was because he wasn't enthralled by Anna and was able to see how awful she was. After all, he refused to give her time of day when she constantly tried to flirt with him. And I forever loved him for that.

Smirking at me, Tion jumped off the stage with his crown, striding towards me. I grinned back at him as he playfully bowed.

"May I have this dance mi'lady?" asked Tion, flashing his white teeth.

"I would be honoured my lord," I giggled then I whispered, "but I don't know how to dance."

Tion grabbed my waist. "Neither can I but fuckinnn can you whine?"

Biting my lip, I slowly nodded. He grinned as he walked over to the DJ. Everyone looked at us expectantly, waiting for our first dance. They would definitely get a dance alright. Simultaneously, Tion and I smirked at each other whilst the beats of Virginity by Vybz Kartel blared through the speakers. Quite a fitting song if you ask me about first times. This would be first time I would whine in front of my majority Caucasian school.

Seductively, I bent over, shaking my bum from side to side as I got lower. Bending my knees, I rolled my hips on Tion. He grabbed my hips firmly as we whined in synchronisation. I glanced up, noticing a couple of girls staring at me, eyes glinting with envy. Some of the boys began to chant Tion's name as the teachers stared on in horror. Then the song switched to Foreplay by Shenseea. Tion knew what he was doing! I slowly gyrated to the beat of the music but not before tick tocking. Flashes from people's phones sparkled in the crowd as people began to film. I could feel Tion harden in his trousers and for some reason that made me laugh. He grabbed my arms and spun me around so that I was now facing him. Tion licked his lips, staring down at me from his height of six foot, with his eyes low. He pulled me into a warm hug, lightly squeezing my bum.

In a low voice, he whispered into my ear, "If you want to whine on me again, feel free to come to my after party at my yard tonight."

Tion squeezed my hand, walking away back to his friends, leaving me in a daze. I looked around for any sign of Eva, Kehlani, Yaz or Katana. I suppose they were still outside confronting Anna. Huffing, I took a seat on one of the now empty dining tables as I watched everyone else dance. I pulled out my phone from my clutch purse, looking for a distraction. I flicked through my texts, reading over the conversations between me and my dad. As if on cue, my phone began to vibrate with a call from my dad.

"Hi dad!"

"Hey Chardonnay, how are you?" asked my dad.

"I've been alright, really good actually. You'll never guess what happened!"

"What happened?"

"I won prom queen!" I squealed.

"Oh Chardonnay, that's amazing. We'll have to celebrate when I get back. Congratulations."

"Thank you," I beamed. "How are you? How's Japan?"

"I've been alright thanks. The company is going great and everything but I can't wait to come back and see you and your mum."

We stayed on the line for a minute in silence. Even though my parents had divorced and my mum didn't tell my dad she had cancer, he instantly knew she was ill when I showed him a photo of her last year, causing me to investigate further. However, it was a very sore subject so we did our best to avoid talking about hospitals and cancer.

My dad coughed. "Well hopefully, I'll be back before August to come see you both."

"Alright then, I'll speak to soon."

"Bye, enjoy the rest of your night."

Switching off my phone, I stretched as I sat in my seat beside the table. I wish I could tell my dad I was being forced by a drug dealer to work as his secretary but then that wouldn't be a very smart idea. I usually told him everything but I had to work myself out of this situation by myself. Unperturbed, I flicked a wisp of my dark locks out of my eyes. I had until September to prove my innocence and escape Jasiah. I could do it. I had to. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to enter university and become a lawyer.

Slamming wide open, the doors to the hall crashed against the walls as Katana, Kehlani, Yasmin and Eva marched in like an army. Hurriedly, I walked over to them, thankful that the music was loud enough to mask their grand entrance.

"Did you get it?" I questioned.

"Get what?" frowned Yasmin.

I rolled my eyes. "Did you get Anna's confession that I was innocent and didn't steal Jasiah's watch."

"No, unfortunately," sighed Katana, "but I was able to grab her red bottom heels so I'm gonna sell them."

My shoulders dropped. At this rate, I wouldn't be studying law at university any time soon.

I took November and half of December off to catch up with my studies, now I'm back. Chardonnay has finally won prom queen and bussed Tion a whine he would never forget. But what happened when Chardonnay's friends confronted Anna? Did they actually confront Anna? Find out in the next chapters and don't forget to vote - Jaymunni