"Hey, again," he said. I recognised Denmark among the group that sat next to him, along with other people who had the same cross shape on their faces and only one with a tricolour like me. "Hei everyone, tämä on Saksaa,"

"Hi Germany," Denmark waved to me. "Again."

"Hello, Germany," another tall woman addressed me politely. Her face looked like Denmark's only she had another thinner navy stripe in the centre of the white one.

"Hi," the last person mumbled. He was dressed in heavy clothing, and didn't look up even he adressed me.

"Iceland, be nice," Denmark said, and took the hood off his head. Iceland was a navy blue colour with a white cross and a thin red one inside the white.

"Tuo on täydellinen," Finland smiled at Iceland. "Iceland, say hi to Germany, he's in your year too."

"Hi, again," Iceland looked up at me this time. His eyes were a striking scarlet red unlike his skin, and they weren't malevolent like his voice, but more introverted and shy. "If you all wouldn't pester me to meet people, I would!"

"Sorry pieni karhu, we don't trust you to do that," Finland smirked.

"Don't call me that,"

"You know you like it,"

"Yeah, right," Iceland huffed.

"Hyi, mitä tuo ruoka oranssia on?" Finland looked at my bowl of soup.

"Finland, please, it actually is good," the woman that looked like Denmark said. "Oh, I never introduced myself, I'm Norway, Master's student."

"She's a marine Biology, or whatever," Denmark smiled.

"Marine Ecologist," Norway corrected. "Fishewoman on the side and during the summer,"

"Its how she gets money for the tuition," Denmark elaborated further. "The prices are really high. Finland scraped a bunch of scholarships together, Sweden worked all the time he wasn't in school, Iceland has a little scholarship and Sweden is going to pay for the rest, lucky Iceland, and I have to work too."

"Poor baby," Norway laughed at her sister. "Don't worry, you can join me on my boat next summer,"

"No way, I'd rather go into the forest alone." Denmark shuddered.

"Hi Germany," the small tricolour boy spoke up. His skin was white, and his face went from light blue, to black to white. He had kind and soft eyes, and he wore a white dress shirt with a khaki knit vest and black slacks. He smiled at he sincerely and sat nearest to Finland. "How are you accustomed to the new lifestyle?"

"Um, okay...I guess?" He laughed softly, which sounded more like an owl churr than a laugh.

"Yeah, my first year was rough, and it took me almost the whole year to get my head down for the clouds. Before I knew it, it was second year."

"Wow, I thought you were a first year," I admitted, his complexion was very boyish and he looked young.

"I'm a fourth year," he smiled. "People say I do look little, but I take that to advantage. It sometimes is a hassle at bars." He nodded to Finland.

"What are you going to major in?" He said.

"Economics," I said.

"Oh, that's nice, well you might change your mind too. I did. I went drastically, from Philosophy to Information Technology," He told me. "Oh, sorry, my name is Estonia."

"Estonia," I repeated. It seems like I heard the name before, when I was very young. "I might've heard your name before,"

"You might have." His eyes sparkled playfully. "Because I know who you are,"

"Really?"

"Mhm, your foster father is my dad," he churred again. "Isn't that funny?"

"USSR is your father?" I was taken aback by that information.

"Yes, he is, fortunately unfortunately," Estonia smiled. "I have learned that sharing is bad, but I had to share with all my siblings, but he's not bad, honestly," he added lastly, looking at my surprised face. "We really didn't have enough to go around, you know? War, being poor already, and having to feed small children is one hard deed. I was glad to get off his back and fend for myself. I think he's better off now, with only four kids to deal with instead of all of us."

"All of you?" I asked. "You don't live in one home?"

"Well, it's kind of confusing to a stranger, or one who isn't in our family," Estonia smiled apologetically. "Us kids are divided into 'adults' and 'little ones'. 'Adults' are all now either working or in college as a third year or older. 'Little ones', on the other hand, are only the four youngest of my siblings." Estonia explained. "By the way, one of them is here,"

"Really?" I looked around the hall which started to empty, and many students had made their way back to their dormitories.

"I mean," Estonia laughed. "Not in the hall, just at the school. There aren't many of us at the school. It's a miracle that he made it in. Carbon copy of father, he is." I had no idea who he was talking about. Finland smirked at Estonia's sentence, and checked his phone again.

"Eh, it's late. I'm going you all," Norway announced. "Bye my little clams, bye Germany,"

"Hei hei," Finland sighed. "Hyvää yötä,"

"Good night," I said.

"Bye Nor," Denmark waved to her sister.

"Have a nice night," Estonia hugged Norway. "Watch out for the wind,"

"Oh I was scared by it once. Now you tease me forever,"

"You fell for that one." Estonia laughed warmly. "But really, I need to go too. Bye everyone, and Finland," he patted Finland on the head, who furiously blushed, but said nothing and just waved back to him.

"We should get going too." Finland said and stood up to stretch. "Hopefully you liked the talk,"

"Yes, it was interesting,"

"Good, I was worried we wasted time," he sighed and walked out of the now almost empty hall, save for a few people still eating. We left in silence and went out to the cold and windy street. The lamps were all now on, and we made our way to Oak in a few minutes. The wind swirled and nipped at my cheeks, and it felt like winter in the beginning of September. After he unlocked the door to the room, he came in, set his phone down, and went straight to the restroom. I settled my things, and unpacked my parcels. Most of the things that were in them were just blankets, since we had to provide our own, but save for a few textbooks, writing utensils, more clothing, shoes, laptop computer, miscellaneous chargers, a fan, and some pins, I had just a pillow and a letter from USSR. Three letters, in fact. Strange, he isn't one to do these things, and doesn't bother with sentiment or regrets or emotions. But the letter was not in the scraggly writing of my foster father, but in slanted cursive writing that was all too familiar. The wide stretches between words and the small letters all weighed my heart down. I knew whom this writing belonged to. My own father's.

Tämä on Saksaa-This is Germany

Tuo on täydellinen- That is perfect

Pieni karhu-small bear

Hyi, mitä tuo ruoka oranssia on?-Ew, why is that food orange?

Hei Hei-bye bye

Hyvää yötä-Good night

Note- Anyone who speaks Finnish fluently, if you see any mistakes in my writing, let me know, it will be very helpful since I am a beginner Finnish student.