Behind my Back

"You." The person next to me whispered. He looked older than me, but his eyes were wide with fear and anger. "Do you realize what your-,"

"Czechia, that is quite enough!" Professor Hungary suddenly materialised next to him and pushed him away from me. "We aren't going to pull false accusations on anyone."

"Yeah right!" Czechia growled. "He's the Nazi's son! There are no false accusations!" Czechia was shorter than me, but it looked as if he could break my spine cleanly in half. One of his eyes was obscured by a blue rotated triangle, but his grey eye that was in view had tiny storms in it, and it became darker by the second. He looked like he was itching for a fight, and he backed up deliberately slowly towards another seat next to a meek but calm looking female student who rubbed his back affectionately. She didn't look back at me, but after a few moments turned her attention back on the professor, who retreated back to his blackboard and wrote 'Pangaea' in big letters across it.

"Now. Pangaea." Hungary looked back at us. He was now in a different stance. His eyes were worried, rather than methodically calm, and his eyes flitted from me to Czechia. The latter already had calmed down, thanks to the girl next to him, and had one hand in his sweatshirt pocket and the other held a pen loosely, ready to take notes. "Okay. Now Pangaea was formed when the Earth..."

"I thought that you said everything is in the past." I heard the girl next to Czechia whisper.

"Sorry. I got ahead of myself." He hissed back. "Not that I'm apologizing. He still deserves the shock."

"Czechia..." the girl sighed exasperated. "Whatever."

"What?" He scribbled notes hastily that Hungary wrote on the board. "Slovakia, don't pretend that HE didn't hurt you either...don't worry, I won't talk to him anymore. He looks kind of like a weakling turtle." He let out a quiet bark of laughter.

"Good." Slovakia sighed again. "I don't want you to get in anymore fights."

"Come on, Slovakia. This was my first fight. Not even fight. Just a confrontation!"

"Well, don't make anymore." Slovakia ended the conversation by raising her hand and asking to the facility. Czechia muttered something under his breath and then shot me a look of loathing. The rest of the class was silent, and the only sound was the shuffle of papers, scratching of pens and tapping of feet, as well as Professor Hungary's droning voice. Once or twice a whisper sounded from the back, but it wasn't about me, just mindless small talk. I still felt tense when we wrapped up the lesson and when I started to leave the class, one of the last, as usual, a face which I didn't want to see came in. Russia. Oh, great.

"H-hi." I managed to awkwardly smile at him. He stayed silent and passed me without registering what I said. Iceland appeared behind him and shrugged, pointing at Russia. They both sat down, staying silent. I quickly left the vicinity and dashed down the hall. That went on for the whole day and next day. I would try to keep myself isolated from everyone, not including Finland, to whom I would say everything was alright. The next evening, I opened the dorm door and Finland was sitting at a desk, with Estonia, working on something. Estonia was typing on a laptop and he kept shaking his head and muttering. Finland was writing on a paper and only noticed me when he handed it to his friend.

"Oh, hey Germany." He greeted me. "Sorry for this mess." He pointed to the stacks of papers on either side of him.

"Hi Germany!" Estonia said warmly. Though he smiled, he quickly turned it into a frown. "I heard something was up with you in some class. People were making references to your...your father." His voice faltered a little, but he kept it even and quiet for most of the time. It was clear he was on my side, but he wasn't going to defend my dad. He tapped his digital wristwatch unconsciously, which flashed the hands of the clock in a unique pattern. I sighed and sat down next to him. He bit his lip and I saw his hands jerking to hug me. Finally, he did, and I hugged him back.