I already told Phoebe about my plan to bring cinnamon rolls over yesterday, so she told me where their house key was, and I find the key hidden underneath their doormat.

Classic spot.

As quietly as I can, I slide the lock into place and turn it, the door unlocking with a soft clink.

Putting the key back in its spot, I shut the door behind me, thankful for the warm house.

Still trying to quietly creep through the house, I let out a small squeak when I see Grayson barrel into the room. 

"Hi!" He squeals, and I almost drop the tray when he slams into my legs, hugging me tightly. 

"Hey, buddy, is your momma or daddy awake?" I ask him, holding his hand and balancing the cinnamon rolls on my other arm.

He nods, leading me into the kitchen, where I see Mr. Olson half asleep as he nurses a cup of coffee, a wide awake baby Rory in his arms.

"Dada, Maddie is home! And she brought a cake!" He says happily, tugging on the bottom of Mr. Olson's shirt, making me laugh and wince a little.

"It's uh, it's cinnamon rolls actually. They're still warm, and they have cream cheese frosting with way too many Christmas sprinkles on top." I set them down on the counter, and Gray claps his hands over his mouth, his eyes wide.

I swear him and Lia are the same.

"Daddy, look!" He demands, hastily climbing onto a barstool, and I quickly reach to help him up.

"Thank you, honey, that was very sweet of you." Mr. Olson says, sending me a smile as he helps Grayson settle into the stool.

"Oh, it's no problem, I had a lot of fun making them." I wave him off, grinning when Gray starts to practically hyperventilate when he takes the plastic wrap off the top.

"Sprinkles!"

"Well, if you very politely thank Maddie and ask with your best manners if you may have one, then I could help you get one." He replies, stifling a yawn as he moves Rory so he's sitting on his hip.

"Thanks for the sprinkles cake, Maddie! May I please have one?" Gray looks at me, a big smile plastered to his face, and I laugh, nodding.

"Of course you can."

So, barely even a full minute later, Grayson is practically bouncing as the food is set in front of him.

He doesn't wait for Mr. Olson to grab his fork to start eating it, just pulling off a chunk from the corner and making me bark out a laugh.

"Hold on, sweetie, we gotta grab you a fork." I laugh again, gently grabbing his hand and stopping him from taking any more fistfuls of food.

"You know what, it's Christmas, have at it, kiddo," Mr. Olson shrugs and drops the fork down on the counter, Gray already digging his hands into it again.

"Alright, bud, I'll be back in a second, I'm gonna wake up Sammy so he can have breakfast with us." I kiss his cheek, sending a smile to Mr. Olson before I head up the stairs, and Gray waves emphatically.

"These are the yummiest!" He says around a mouthful of food, making me grin.

"Thank you." I snort, still grinning.

Quietly creeping through the halls, I don't knock on Sam's door, gently pushing it open, a smile breaking over my face when I see him.

He's flopped out like a starfish, how he usually sleeps like the bed hog he is, the blankets barely even covering his lower half, his bare torso on display.