"We'll see them again, baby," he whispers, one of his hands moving to stroke your hair.

You bite the inside of your cheek. "We don't know that, Spence. This is a dangerous situation we're going into."

He pulls away slightly, looking down at you. "I know. But we'll get through it. We always do. Together."

You give him a soft smile and he leans forward, pressing his lips against yours. The kiss is sweet and soft, and after a moment, you two pull away. Spencer moves his hand to rest on your cheek, his hazel eyes searching yours.

"Come on, sweetheart. They're probably waiting for us."

You two climb into the car, Spencer driving quickly to the BAU. His hand rests on your thigh, and you lean your head against the headrest, watching the trees whizz past your window, everything a blur. Spencer's thumb rubs small circles into your thigh, the only sounds in the car coming from the radio, the volume low. Spencer parks the car, and you two get out, walking hand in hand with your go bags into Headquarters.

The team is waiting in the roundtable room, your mom seated with them. She looks at you, and you lock eyes with her for a moment, a thousand different emotions seeming to run through you at once. You don't sit, just plop your go bag on the ground, glancing at the team.

"Sorry we're a little late," you say, offering them small smiles.

"It's okay," Hotch says, crossing his arms in front of him. "We were just going over the plan for today."

"JJ's decided to stay here with Sophia," Morgan explains, nodding at JJ. "Garcia's coming with us, and she's going to be set up at the hotel."

"The hotel is a few miles away from the storage units." Rossi clears his throat. "Roanoke PD are setting up some hidden surveillance cameras near the storage units so we'll know when Samuel and Joseph arrive."

"Garcia can monitor them from the hotel," Prentiss says, looking at you. "They're not meeting until tomorrow, so today we're going to stay at the hotel and formulate a plan for the raid."

You nod. "Do you think it'll just be Samuel and Joseph? Or do you think there will be more people involved?"

Spencer shakes his head. "From what we've seen in the letters and how Samuel and Joseph act, I think they're meeting alone."

"What if it's a trap?"

Your question makes Hotch's brow furrow. "What do you mean?"

"What if Samuel wants us to find them? What if we're just playing into his hands?"

"We'll come prepared."

You sigh, nodding slowly. "Okay. When do we leave?"

"Now."

You stand up, locking eyes with your mother again. Turning to Spencer, you give him a soft kiss on his cheek, the stubble softly scratching your face. "You go ahead. I'll be there in a minute."

He nods, smiling softly at you before taking your go bag with him as he leaves the room. You glance at Hotch and he nods, shutting the door behind him when he leaves. You look back at your mom, the silence in the empty room practically deafening.

"I'm sorry I left you," she whispers. "I did it...I really did think I was protecting you. And I'm sorry you went through all of that alone. I really am."

"I didn't go through all of it alone," you whisper back. "I had dad. And now, I have Spencer."

A small smile tugs at the corners of her lips. "That man is so in love with you."