Chapter 5

"But di, some or the other day you will have to meet them. They should know about you and Anayra. And you need to tell about all this to Anayra one day right?" Maahi said.

"Maahi, it's been 5 years since they asked me to leave that house, I don't want to turn back to my past. I still love him, Maahi, but if he ever comes to know the reason, why I left him, why I left that house, he would be hurt. And the person who didn't care about me since 5 years, why would they care now?"

"It's final, we aren't going to Bangalore! But you know Maahi, if I ever get a chance to turn back and go to any part of my life, I would go 5 years back. The time, when I wanted to share my happiness of becoming the parents for the first time. But now, all this has gone. That phase has gone, the person I loved has gone, rather I would say, I left him, because of someone else. I don't want him to know the truth behind me leaving! He will be hurt, Maahi. I can't see him like that!" Minal said, as she closed her eyes tightly to let the tears stream down her eyes.

"Then what about Anayra's admission? She won't go to that school then?" Maahi asked.

"Mama, I want to go to the new school, please!" Anayra said as she entered and heard Maahi speak about her admission.

"Baby, it's in Bangalore! Here you have so many friends, won't you miss them?" Minal asked as she got up, wiping the tears from her face, she came and bent to Anayra's height.

"But mama, on my first day of school, you only told me that making new friends is good. And when I go there, I will make new friends. But please, I want to go to that big school."

"We won't go to Bangalore?" Anayra asked.

"Baby...."

"Of course we will go! Anayra will go to a new place, study in a new school, and make new friends, right baby?" Arsal said entering the room.

"Yay! I love you papa!" Anayra hugged Arsal and went out.

"Arsal? I don't want to go Bangalore!" Minal said as soon as Anayra left the room.

"Minal, I know why you are telling this. But, I have got a project in Bangalore. So anyways I will have to be there. And now fortunately, Anayra got her admission in Bangalore itself, so we can shift there right?" Arsal replied.

"Yes di, please give this a thought. Think about Anayra, her future. And it's not necessary that you will meet them there. Even if you do, it is just destiny, that would have brought things back again." Maahi said.

"But maahi, I want to move on from my past! I want to forget all that happened 5 years back. I know it's not easy, especially when you love that person. But for my daughter, I need to move on."

"I understand di! Don't worry, everything will be fine." Maahi said and walked out.

Minal was still not convinced of going to Bangalore. The place from where she was forced to leave. Will she meet him again, or move on?

•••

Arsal had done all the preparations, and booked their flight tickets too. Asad and Amaan helped him with other preparations in Bangalore.

Minal stood in her room, packing her stuff. Till then she noticed an old album kept behind in the shelf above. She picked it up, dusting it a bit, she opened it. As she flipped the pages, she felt as though she was living those moments again.

From her marriage, all parties, birthday and anniversary surprises, till the moment of her becoming a mother. The time when she held Anayra in her hands for the first time, there was a sense of happiness in her eyes, but she was hurt. Hurt of the fact that she was alone, she wanted her father to be with her. But he wasn't there.

How difficult it was for Minal, it was only felt by her. From leaving the person she loved the most, till date, she was always hurt. She wanted to go back to the him, but her past still affected her. She thought, he didn't need her in these five years, why would he now?

Minal knew, he must have moved on. As, if he didn't, he would come back to her. But he didn't.

Anayra, kept her busy whole day. Staying with her, she always was happy. Though she was lonely, since the time she left that house, she still kept herself busy with Anayra. Most of her time passed by with her.

For Anayra, Minal and Arsal were the best parents. Now finally, they were going to Bangalore. Minal was still not convinced, but she had to agree for her little girl.

As days came near to go, one one side, Anayra was getting more excited, while Minal's fear kept growing, day by day. She just kept imagining herself in all these five years,they were miserable for her!