I - From Another World

"I will protect you. So, make sure you stay inside the cloak," she ordered the two children in front of her and they nodded; their fear etched in their eyes.

"Watch out!" She spun around only to be met with a cold metal stabbing at her side. A gasp left her lips when the metal was pulled back once more and she clumsily took a few steps back as she slowly looked down at her stomach.

Her shirt was slowly turning crimson as her hands shakily moved to cover it. She looked up once more and death smiled at her. His eyes were glowing menacingly red as he gave her a very sinister smile that made the air around them as cold as ice.

The man that was standing in front of her was covered in blood from head to toe. He was tall but slouched over and he was boney thin. His stick-like fingers reached up and touched her cheek, leaving a trail of blood in their wake.

And as she looked at his eyes, she felt her consciousness started to drift away and her eyelids were forcing to close themselves. The bloodied man's hand caressed her face until his fingers stopped at her chin and forced her to look up.

And slowly, her own mind left her body.

"Wake up!" a new voice screamed and she opened her eyes once more.

But—it was a little too late.

~oOo~

In a world that darkness ran amok, and the government leaders doing nothing—there was only one person people could turn to for help. No one knew her real name. No one knew where she had come from. No one knew anything about her other than the fact that she travels the world to dispel evils.

"Are you the one they call Nar? The one who could fight against evil?" a woman suddenly asked and caught off guard, Nar had nodded. "Please help. My children wouldn't wake up. Please, I beg of you, help them!"

She looked down at the woman that suddenly knelt beside her. She had promised Lin to not take any job while they were at the town they were currently at since they merely stopped to resupply. But—as she looked at the pleading eyes of a mother, she knew she could not deny them her help.

With a melancholic smile, she touched the woman's hand and nodded. "Please stand up and show me the way,"

A relief and grateful smile broke on the woman's face as she thanked her repeatedly before started to lead her towards her house. Nar quickly realized that there were two government guards standing at the gate of the woman's house. And those two turned to glare at her as she approached.

"Nar, do not interrupt. The government representatives are coming," one of the guards said.

The mother of the children was about to speak when Nar put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a 'don't worry' look. She stepped from behind the woman and gave the guard a stubborn smile. "But—I have received a proper invitation from the owner of the house—not to mention, the mother of the children inside. So, I do not care what the government do; I shall do my job,"

Nar snapped her fingers and a midnight blue cloak suddenly appeared and flew towards her and put itself on her shoulder.

"Do you really have to show off every time?" the guard asked exasperatingly as the people cheered for the traveling woman.

"If only it were that simple," she answered and gave the guards a look that shut them up. There was something shadowing her eyes; something that told them they would fear if asked.

Little did they know, the cloak was her shield—her only protection against the beings that she hunts. And if she was not wearing it while facing them would be like sacrificing herself. For the beings that she hunts wants to take over her body and swallow her life force. Yet—she did not have the strength to keep the cloak and so, she only summons it when she needed it.