053 | friend in need

▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬

"AND IF... IF I LET YOU do this—"

"You'll be the most powerful witch alive. Nobody will get in your way ever again."

"But you'll kill her...."

"She deserves it, Faith. She'll regret ever abandoning you."

Faith remained silent, knuckles white where she gripped the edge of the sink. "Professor Moody thinks this is a good idea."

"Don't you trust him? Don't you trust me?"

"I — I do, but—"

"She left you for dead. I'm the one who picked you up. Without me, you have nothing."

"Because — because of her...."

"Because of her. She's not innocent, Faith. She's conspiring with murderers. She deserves this."

Faith bowed her head. "She deserves this."

"Good. You know what you have to do."

Ghostly fingertips brushed against her jaw, lifting her head. Faith didn't even recognise the girl in the cracked mirror. Her hands trembled in anger as she tensed further. Her fault.

"I do."

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

"YES ALBANY! GEORGE!"

Albany's laugh was interrupted by the violent chattering of her teeth as Fred helped her and his brother from the water with an ecstatic grin. Despite how drenched in water they both were, Fred and Carly were eager to bring them in for a tight group hug, the shorter girl shrieking with excitement and bouncing up and down.

"You did it, Albany! You did it!" she was shouting, as a bigger crowd closed in around the champion and her rescued hostage with towels and drying spells at the ready.

The warmth was immensely relieving on her skin as Madam Pomfrey hurried her to the side with ointment for her wounds. George was urged after her for a check-up after being underwater for so long, and Fred and Carly were keen to tag along, the two of them bubbling over with excitement.

"Did you tell her?" Fred was hissing rather loudly into his brother's ear as Albany was seated into a chair. "Did I hear you tell her?"

George's grin was huge as he nodded vigorously, and Albany blushed scarlet as his gaze met hers again. He really meant it like that?

She winced as Madam Pomfrey began applying an ointment to her various wounds, and the redhead's expression fell.

"You alright?" he asked, eyebrows knitting together with worry.

"Grindylows got me," Albany admitted, reluctant to put a damper on the mood and recall the experience. She dropped her gaze. "Um... they got me pretty bad."