021 | the letter

▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬

"HOW'D IT GO?"

Albany sighed as she left Snape's office, rubbing at her head. "About as well as expected," she groaned. "Grades slipping more than usual, was advised to pursue a different career. He's not exactly understanding."

"Don't let him get you down, hon," Alicia Spinnet said with a smile. Albany returned it timidly; she'd only just met the younger Gryffindor, but already she seemed decent company.

"Yeah, Snape's a greasy prick," Angelina agreed, face grim.

Fred clapped his hands together, summoning the group's attention. "Shall we return to the Great Hall?" he suggested, and was met with unanimous nodding.

Albany wasn't used to hanging out with a group so large, but oddly didn't feel too uncomfortable. She and Carly had joined up with the Weasley twins that day for another tutoring session; after the previous one had turned into a morning of pranking, Fred and George had offered to meet up with them for the next reschedule. However, as per usual, things never went as planned, and they were interrupted by Lee, Angelina and Alicia, who kept them busy until it was time for Albany's wonderful career guidance meeting with none other than Severus Snape himself. Surprisingly, she didn't mind their distraction, even if it meant that yet again, she would have to reschedule with Carly. There weren't many people who would wait in the dungeons for her as she endured the most unpleasant meeting of all time.

George laid a hand on Albany's shoulder in comfort as they walked, and she shot him an appreciative smile. "Hey, what career were you looking at, anyway? If you don't mind me asking."

"Auror," Albany admitted sheepishly. "I was really passionate about it last year.... Even managed an O in Potions." She smiled, and then sighed. "This year... I don't know. Haven't been able to focus on actual study because of the tournament, so I guess that's why I'm not feeling it so much anymore. Maybe I should look at something else...."

George appeared thoughtful. "It's up to you, obviously," he said, "but if you give it some time and it's really what you want, you'll probably come around to it again. You're under a lot of stress this year as it is; let worrying about your future take a back seat for a while."

Albany nodded thoughtfully; his insights on the situation made sense. A small grin crept up on her lips. "Wise words coming out of you, Weasley," she teased.

He quirked an eyebrow in amusement. "You say that like I never have valuable contributions to our conversations," he said with a smirk.

Albany grinned. "Not never," she said, "but not necessarily often."

"Oi!" the redhead said, jokingly prodding her with his elbow. "This is the thanks I get for offering you my wisdom?"

"Guess so," Albany laughed, and then smiled at him as she met his gaze. "But thank you."