Chapter 15.1 - Abandoned Military Wife (15)

When Lin Shiheng and He Xuezhu went back, they heard that Zhang Yanming was making a scene in the hospital, which led to dissatisfaction.

The army is a place of strict discipline, not only small soldiers but also officers like Zhang Yanming should never make mistakes. He has a background, but in this day and age, his background still won't let him get away with the rumors in the army.

In the end; thanks to the support of his family, Zhang Yanming was only demoted from Deputy Commander to Platoon Leader.

Arguably, having made such a big mistake in the eyes of the public, especially at a time when the country is still sensitive to the temptations at the border, it is good to be able to keep a Platoon Leader position. But Zhang Yanming simply couldn't accept such a result.

In particular, he received a phone call from home, during which his grandfather severely scolded him.

"For the sake of a woman, you became a joke of the whole army, it's really a waste to spend so much effort on you.  I've risked my face to let others take care of you."

"Let me say this. Be well-behaved in the army, and I'll keep the fact that you didn't tell the family about registering your marriage with that woman a secret. When the spotlight passes, divorce her immediately."

Zhang Yanming gritted his teeth; his face was full of defiance: "Grandpa, I love her."

"I don't give a rat's ass whether or not you love her! Remember, we Zhang family, don't need a woman who can't give you any support as a wife."

Zhang Yanming hung up the phone. His face looked gloomy as if he was going to eat someone. He was full of resentment over the elder's interference in his marriage.

But he will not give in. The more the family forces him to give up, the more he would not give up.

Zhang Yanming's stubbornness obviously did not soften his elders but made them even angrier. Lin Shiheng soon received the news that the Zhang family had removed the protection given to Zhang Yanming.

He was not surprised. The Zhang family was originally a large family. It was precisely because it was a large family that 'one's loss is everyone's loss, one's glory is everyone's glory'. What Zhang Yanming said seemed to represent the meaning of the Zhang family. Even if those soldiers did not know that Zhang Yanming was a descendant of the Zhang family, it was clear to people with military positions such as Lin Shiheng.

Zhang Yanming is favored, but this favor cannot offset the influence of his words on the Zhang family.

If he bowed his head and apologized to his family, perhaps the elders would be soft-hearted. But how could he bow his head with such an unruly temper?

In the original plot, after Zhang Yanming left with Miao Xing, due to the influence of the original Lin Shiheng; the two did not disclose their relationship, but continued their secret love affair and enjoyed the excitement of sneaking around.

Because of the departure of the original owner of the body, Zhang Yanming soon sat in the position of Commander. After that, under the mechanism of his family, he stood at a height that even the Zhang family could not underestimate.

He no longer needed any help from external forces. At that time, even if he declares that he wants to be with a girl without any family background, no one would express doubts and opposition.

But now Zhang Yanming; a fledgling, had a bad reputation in the army and had lost the support of his biggest backer.

In one night, he lost all the halo of being blessed, and if he wanted to stand on high, he can only work hard on his own.