Chapter 3

"....And then I told the general, "I have the power of music by my side!"" Bumi laughed. When Rangi was entering her history class, she never thought it would be so.... not historic. Their teacher spent the last 40 minutes telling a story about how he played a flute and accidentally destroyed his whole military camp. She looked behind at Kyoshi who had her palm on her cheek, tilting her head and looking at her. "Hey tall-ass. How's the class so far?" She asked. Kyoshi got out of her zone and shook her head. "Besides Mr. Bumi telling his-tory, doing great." She awkwardly laughed. "Haha. Get it? Because he's our history teacher and he's telling his story and-" her explanation got cut off when Rangi laughed. She's not gonna lie, the pun was funny. "I got it. Just pay attention to class." She said and waved her hand.

  She was trying to pay attention to what Bumi was saying while glancing at the clock above him. 11:30. She thought. Hopefully his story will stop now. And just like that, the universe proved they loved her. Honestly, who wouldn't? "Okay everyone, since it's only just 30 minutes before lunch, you guys can go early." He said and went to his desk to play with Bumju. Rangi packed her things and waited for the others to pack theirs. They all stood up and walked to the door.

  "So, next class. I wouldn't be with you Kyoshi." Rangi said. The other three rose a brow at her. "Only Kyoshi? Gosh, you hurt my feelings, Rangi!" Korra fake whined. Rangi rolled her eyes. "What I meant was, I wouldn't be with the three of you." Asami was thinking for a second. "Why did you only say Kyoshi before?" Rangi blushed before quickly thinking of an excuse. She slowly turned her heels in front of Asami. "Because..." she continued, "she's a special girl." Asami laughed. "Special generally or special to you?" Asami wiggled her eyebrows. Rangi slightly got mad and breated fire. "Oh, cool! You're a firebender!" Kyoshi's eyes beamed. It seemed like it was her first time seeing a firebender which is slightly true.

  "Rangi!" A woman called out. They looked at the direction of the voice. The person was now approaching them. "Hi, Auntie Hei-Ran." Asami bowed. "No need to be so formal, Asami. You may call me Hei-Ran, as I told you." Hei-Ran waved her arms as a gesture. "And you, young lady. What did I tell you about firebending in the hallways?" She scolded Rangi. "I'm sorry, mom. I just got caried away." Rangi said while looking down. Kyoshi's jaw fell. "Wait.....you and her...her and you?!" She said while pointing at Rangi and Hei-Ran. "Yes, and do you have a problem with that?" Hei-Ran gave Kyoshi a glare. Kyoshi quickly tensed up. "Uh..n-no, ma'am. It was just surprising to know where she got her beauty." She lightly scratched her neck. Hei-Ran looked down at her. It was unbelievable to how she does that with her height. "If you are gonna court my daughter, you have to do better than that." Asami and Korra did their best not to laugh at what Hei-Ran said. "Mom!" Rangi said through her gritted teeth. "What?" Hei-Ran asked like she was innocent. "Mom, you know I love you but just go! I can handle myself." Rangi said. Hei-Ran chuckled and turned her heel back. "Oh and one more thing." She said. "Kyoshi, I meant what I said." And then she continued walking like nothing ever happened. Kyoshi just stood there all flustered.

  "See? Even your mom ships Rangshi!" Asami clapped. "Rangshi?" Rangi asked. "Ugh. Rangshi equals Rangi x Kyoshi! You've been so caught up in school you don't even know what ship names are." Asami rolled her eyes. "Why would you-" Rangi pinched the bridge of her nose. "Why would you even ship Kyoshi and I? First off, as far as I know, we're both straight. Second off, we just met this goddamn day!" Asami dismissed her complaints. "I don't care. I see gay, I ship gay." Rangi groaned in frustration. "Then why don't you just ship yourself and Korra?" This sentence alone made Asami shut up. Rangi smirked in victory. "That's what I would like to hear." She said and continued walking, with Kyoshi by her side now since Asami was still standing in shock. Korra offered to walk with her which she gladly accepted.

  Kyoshi and Rangi walked in silence. They were still surprised at what Hei-Ran said. "So..anyway. Are you free this weekend?" Kyoshi asked, trying to break the silence. "Of course. Why'd you ask?" Rangi replied. "I was wondering if you'd wanna go out. With me." Kyoshi said. "And Asami and Korra." She quickly added so it wouldn't sound like a date. "You know, this is exactly what I needed. Hanging out with friends. Asami and I will come." Rangi said while she patted Kyoshi's shoulder. Kyoshi didn't exactly get friendzoned, but it sure does feel like she did.