Chapter 2

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

  At last, it's finally lunch. Kyoshi had been waiting for this exact time to just get out with her best friend. She quickly stood up and yanked Korra with her.

  They went inside a semi-packed cafeteria. Kyoshi went in the line with Korra behind her. "Kyoshi, what's with the yanking around? I have legs you know!" Korra said as she waved her arms in front of her legs. Kyoshi looked behind her and looked forward when she bumped on a girl. "Hey, watch it!" The girl growled. Kyoshi immediately put her hands up and apologized. "I'm so sorry Rangi! I didn't mean to bump to you!" She apologized over and over again. Rangi shaked her head. "It's no worry. It was just an accident." She said and put her tray so the school chef can put food in it. "Thanks Aunt Mui." Rangi bowed and moved forward. Kyoshi got tapped by someone and looked behind her. She saw Korra with a large smug on her face. Kyoshi blushed and continued forward. "Ah, new kid. What's your name?" Aunt Mui asked as she poured soup onto Kyoshi's bowl. "Kyoshi." She answered. "So, Kyoshi. Have you liked this school so far?" Mui asked. Kyoshi nodded her head. "Good, good." Mui nodded back. Kyoshi mpved away so Korra can get her food.

  She waited for her before going just to the outside of cafeteria and found an empty seat. They both sat down and ate their food. They were eating peacefully when two people went to them again. "Hey." A voice said. "Can we sit here with you?" Kyoshi looked up and saw Asami and Rangi. Kyoshi nodded. Rangi sat besiide Kyoshi and Asami sat beside Korra. Kyoshi awkwardly ate her food. After a few minutes, she coughed and nudged Korra. "Canweswitchseats" Kyoshi whispered. Korra knew why she wanted to switch seats but she wanted to embarass Kyoshi in front of her crush.

  "Sorry Kyoshi, I'm already seated with Asami here." Korra said as she put her hand on Asami's shoulder. Asami blushed but continued eating. Kyoshi secretly gave Korra a glare and harshly ate her food. "Tell me girls." Korra continued, "why did you want to eat with us?" She pointed at the both of them with her fork. Asami and Rangi quickly stiffened. Asami was the first one to speak. "We were wondering if you wanna be friends with us." Kyoshi's eyes widened but quickly returned back to normal. She looked at Korra who was also coincidentally (not coincidentally?) looking at her. They both nodded and turned back to Asami. "I mean, sure. My friend Kyoshi here would be happy to spend more time with Rang- I mean, you two." She said and flashed and innocent smile. Kyoshi lowly growled and covered her mouth in food. "That's great!" Asami clapped. "I would also love to spend time with you." Asami put a strand of hair behind her ear. She suddenly stood straight up when she realized what she said. "Uh, no! I mean- not spend time with you- NO I mean spend time with- the both of you." Asami stuttered. Korra just laughed and patted Asami's back. Asami just blushed.

  Kyoshi looked over at Rangi. Silky, black hair with a great topknot above. She clearly has some manners. Rangi looked up to see Kyoshi staring at her. She rose a brow. "What are you looking at?" Kyoshi was so dazzled by her beauty that she zoned out for a second. She shook her head. "Nothing, Rangi." She quietly said and continued eating. Korra smirked and found the perfect opportunity to embarass Kyoshi. She put her elbows on the table. "Rangi, did you know Kyoshi- mmph!" Kyoshi's larged hands covered her mouth. She awkwardly smiled while she sweated. "Uh, haha. She was just gonna say that I was too weak when you stepped on me." It's easier to lie. She thought to herself. Korra pushed her hand away and rubbed her mouth. Korra narrowed her eyes at her before opening her mouth and talking a handful of noodles. "You...have quite an appetite for a girl." Asami said. Korra looked to her, with a string of noodles midway. She slurped the noodle before talking. "Don't worry, I get told that a lot."

  The four of them finished eating and went inside to bring back their tray. On the way, they saw a 7th grader and an 8th grade being bullied by three 10th graders. Of course, it HAD to be Wu and his cronies. Rangi mentally rolled her eyes. Kyoshi got conerned. "Rangi, should we do something?" She asked. Rangi turned her head to Kyoshi. "Yes. We should." She said and walked toward those three knuckleheads. Korra, Asami and Kyoshi just followed her.