20. STOP THINKING

Start from the beginning

"It was a simple task. It was a simple task!" hissed Five as he continued to pace. "All we had to do was be here! Didn't have to fight a giant sea monster, no. An army of mutants? Nein!"

Luther walked to the back of the alley where Elaina and taxi came in to make sure that the others weren't just arriving, but no one was running in.

"I can't believe this," he murmured in disbelief.

"It was literally handed to us on a silver platter," Elaina shook her head, clearly baffled and annoyed at the lack of appearances from her missing siblings. "I'm gonna kill 'em,"

Klaus pulled his head away from Elaina. "Could you just moan a little softer?" he muttered, bringing his hands up to cup his ears. "My head is killing me."

Five overheard Klaus's complaint and marched over to him. "Listen to me, you useless puke bag," he snapped. "We just blew our chance to save the world!" he exclaimed, not giving a single damn about Klaus's ringing head.

Klaus groaned as he pushed his head back into Elaina's stomach. "Mommy, make daddy stop yelling," childishly whined Klaus.

"Sorry Klaus," sighed Elaina as she stroked his hair. "You kids fucked up big time,"

The briefcase then began to start making a high pitched sound and a clicking noise.

Five looked down and scoffed at it. "Goddamnit," he whispered.

"Shit," exclaimed Luther, understanding the noise as Five grabbed the case and flung it into the air, it disappearing in an electric flash of blue.

Everyone looked at the floating space where it vanished.

"We were that close," sighed Five. "That close,"

"Son of a bitch," muttered Elaina with a huff.

"Now what?" asked Luther.

"Now nothing, Luther, alright? Make your peace with God!" shouted Five as he continued to pace, though now, he was taking longer strides and his speed picked up.

Five was pissed.

"What about Allison and Vanya?" questioned Luther.

Five marched up to the alley's wall and leaned against it. "Screw them both. They should have been here," he pushed himself off of it and spotted a discarded cardboard box.

"What about Diego?" groaned Klaus as he slightly lifted his head up. "He's quite a responsible young man, no?" he asked as Five ran up and angrily kicked the cardboard box.

Five was having none of it. "Screw Diego, okay? Screw everybody!"

Elaina saw Five and sighed. "Okay," she said, gently peeling Klaus off of her as she stood up. "The only thing that's keeping me from going completely ape-shit angry, is the thought that maybe something happened to them,"

Completely blinded by his fury, Five continued. "I was better off on my own in the apocalypse!"

Elaina could understand his anger and frustration, hell, she was feeling it too, but it didn't stop the small sting she felt at his words.

"Well, damn," she murmured, gaining Five's attention, where for a split second, guilt crossed his face.

"Five! Come on," said Luther.

Five directed his gaze back at Luther, his anger quickly returning. "You know what, Luther? It's every sibling for himself," he exclaimed, storming away to Elliot's building. "How 'bout that?" he opened the back door and slammed it shut behind him.