Chapter 4

Ever since white dog - I mean, Rogers decided to take [Y/n] in and take care of her, she's been given her own room and servants.

Of course, most of the servants assigned to her were less than happy to work under her, because she was, according to them, a girl of unknown origins.

Granted, there were still a few, or maybe two servants that treated the [h/c] nicely. Of course, she also gave back the treatment they gave her and treated them like a friend. For those that disobeyed and were rude to her, however, she decided to ignore them unless they cross the line and make her snap.

She waved her hands, signalling the servants in her room to get out except for Esil and Anna, her two favourite servants and friends.

She sighed, leaning her head against her hand as she stared at her reflection while both Esil and Anna brushes her hair.

"What's wrong, m'lady?" Anna asked, staring at [Y/n]'s reflection with a bright and brown curious gaze.

She hummed, "Nothing much." Which was kind of a lie because now, her head was filling with worries about her future plans on how Ijekiel can end up with Athanasia.

She also worried how her sudden appearance in this world will affect the original storyline. There were already rumours of the Alpheus manor taking in a girl and caring for her, it was the biggest topic among the nobilities, from what Anna had told her. Another rumour was saying that the girl, in other words, [Y/n], will be the future lady of the Alpheus dukedom and will be arranged to marry the current heir.

She thought it was ridiculous. As much as she loved Ijekiel and even though she had fantasized about him before, it was clear that Ijekiel didn't have any romantic interest in her. After all, he was fated to only have eyes on the blonde protagonist.

"Lady [Y/n]," Esil said after putting on the finishing touches of the girl's hair. The two maids took a step backwards with proud smiles plastered all over their faces while [Y/n] stood up, gazing at herself in the mirror.

She wore a dress given to her by the duke with a flower ornament hanging in her braid that her maids had done for her. She did look pretty, especially with the make-up they had stuck on her face, but she didn't know if she could get used to this. The dress she was wearing was heavy and a bit troublesome, granted because it was definitely flashy, but Anna had insisted that she wear it because Ijekiel was going to visit. It's not like they were going to attend a ball, why dress her up like a doll? Besides, Ijekiel had already seen her naked once.

Ugh, remembering that moment made the [h/c]'s cheeks burn. Ijekiel had knocked on her door a few times while she was wearing nothing but a towel, and because she thought it was either Anna or Esil, she told them to come in.

Ijekiel had gazed upon her shameful body. And because of the shock, she had let go of the towel. Ijekiel's face was as red as tomato back then, and he hurriedly went out of the room while apologizing.

He was so flustered even after that, and he couldn't look at her in the eye for a few moments. He was extremely adorable, and the sight made an unwanted giggle escape [Y/n]'s mouth.

"Oh my, are you excited for the young master's return?" Esil commented, wearing a cheeky grin with her eyebrows raised in amusement. Anna giggled by her side.

"S-Shut up! I just... remembered something is all." The two pretended to believe her, while she pouted in annoyance.

"Alright, now let us greet the young master," Anna said, and [Y/n] took that as a cue to walk in front of them. They wandered to the halls, walking towards the entrance of the mansion. [Y/n] hoped she could get used to how big the place was.