Chapter 3

"Here you go, [Y/n]." The brunette flashed her usual angelic smile as she placed the tea she brewed herself in front of the [h/c] girl.

"Ah... thank you." [Y/n] smiled back, albeit awkwardly, as she took a sip of the tea. She's never really been fond of tea, even on Earth, but drinking it right now in this luxurious garden, it did seem to taste... good.

After placing the teacup, she took a piece of the cake, carefully as to not get any stain in the white dress that Janette had lent her. It's been three days since she first arrived in this new world, and while she was still confused, she managed to process most of what was going on.

In her theory, because of her desire to give Ijekiel the happy ending he deserved, something, or someone transported her into his world. But, right now, she didn't know exactly what time it is in the manhwa, so while she knows a bit of what will happen in the future, she didn't know exactly when.

Well, Ijekiel looked a bit younger than he was in the current latest chapters of the manhwa, so it might be a few years before the debutanté. Ah, maybe she should just ask the brunette in front of her.

"Janette, have you had your debutanté yet?" She asked, making sure to curve her lips into a smile.

Janette peeked at her from the teacup as she was drinking, and placed it on the table before gently wiping her lips with a napkin. "My debutanté? Well... no, not yet. I need to wait for four more years."

[Y/n] was right, then that means Ijekiel and Athanasia hasn't reunited yet. The debutanté was the first crucial part of the manhwa, where the whole Empire gets to know her and how much the emperor loved her. But, one problem was, how was she going to give Ijekiel the happy ending she wants him to have when he and the princess were apart?

...Ugh, all this thinking was making her head hurt.

She sighed, rubbing her temple as she leaned back against the sofa. Janette shot her a concerned look as she sat beside her, "Oh no, are you okay?"

"...Ah..." [Y/n] looked away, "I'm fine. I'm just confused..." and that wasn't exactly a lie either.

"Don't worry, [Y/n]! Brother Ijekiel will come home in three days, he said we'll go out once he visits." Janette flashed her a smile that was supposed to cheer her up, but her brightness almost made the [h/c] blind. She was too dazzling!

Blinking twice, she registered her words into her mind, and shot up, "Is it alright for him to visit once a week, though? He might be busy in the Academy."

"That's what I said to him too, but he said he needs to visit us often, now that you're here. And uncle still doesn't know you're here. This might be the first time Brother Ijekiel hid something from his father..." the way the brunette spoke the last sentence made it clear that she was worried, but she was wrong. This is definitely not the first time Ijekiel hid something from his father.

"I'm so sorry for causing you so much trouble." [Y/n] bowed her head, and Janette quickly waved her hands, saying she didn't need to apologize as it was her and Ijekiel's decision to let her stay here. The best they could do now was to make sure no servant would tattle to the duke and to make sure [Y/n] doesn't meet him.

Living in the Alpheus mannor... was like a dream, to say the least. Although she was just a homeless stranger, Janette and Ijekiel welcomed her warmly and was treated like an important guest.

Her only clothes were her high school uniform, but Janette was kindly letting her wear her clothes. Ijekiel informed her that they would need to buy her own clothes the next time he visits them, and it was still a mystery to [Y/n] why he had accepted her with no questions.