Chapter 6

The streets were illuminated by the moon in the night sky, the street lights helping to brighten them up as people beam in happiness as they stroll through the streets, creating a cheerful atmosphere. [Y/n] couldn't help but smile at the scene.

"[Y/n]," Ijekiel called, as the [h/c] turned her head towards him. He smiled, "Are you enjoying the night?" He asked.

Jeanette's plan to go to the capital was a success, the three of them going there the very next day. She heard that there was a festival happening that night, and since it's been a while since [Y/n] went to one, she insisted on wearing commoner's clothing to blend into the crowd. The two nobles agreed enthusiastically, excited about the idea of not being nobles for a night.

"[Y/n], look!" Jeanette exclaimed, grabbing her hand as she leads her to a certain stall. "They look delicious!" She said as [Y/n] turned her head to what she was talking about.

Her eyes widened, "These are..." She muttered, watching the cotton candies getting made. Her eyes shined as she excitedly turned to Ijekiel, who was startled from her abruptly turning to him, "Can we have these?!"

Ijekiel blinked, momentarily getting distracted by her enthusiasm and beauty, before smiling softly. "Of course, whatever you want."

[Y/n] was nearly in tears as she took a cotton candy. She munched on it, the sweetness melting in her mouth, "I haven't had one of these in ages!" The taste made her remind her of her old world, her face slowly falling as she stared at the ground, feeling a bit melancholy.

Ijekiel noticed, wondering how he could cheer her up, before Jeanette grabbed his wrist, dragging him away.

"Jeanette, what are you-" Before he could finish his sentence, the brunette stopped approximately 2 meters away from [Y/n]. Ijekiel raised his brow as the girl shushed him.

"This is your chance!" She whispered, looking a bit more... excited than usual as she turned her gaze to [Y/n] and him back and forth.

"I'm afraid I don't understand-" He blinked as he saw Jeanette visibly scoff in annoyance. Ijekiel felt a bit hurt, was he annoying? Jeanette never scoffed at him before...

"Brother, are you really oblivious or are you simply just dumb?" Jeanette asked, her brows furrowed as the silver-haired felt a lot more confused than before. "I'm saying, it's your chance to be alone with [Y/n]! You know, cheer her up!" She hissed, clearly done.

Ijekiel blinked dumbly, before realising what she said. "Alone? Where are you going?" He asked. Although the idea of being alone with [Y/n] in a cheery place like this was tempting, he couldn't just leave his little sister alone.

"That's right, alone." Jeanette said sternly, before smiling reassuringly at him, "Don't worry, brother! I have the guards with me, right?" She pointed at the guards who were also wearing casual clothing as not to attract unnecessary attention.

"Now, get over there!" Jeanette tried to push him towards [Y/n], however, he did not move an inch.

Ijekiel chuckled, patting the brunette's hair, "Thank you. Be careful, alright?" He whispered, still a bit worried.

"Of course." She smiled, turning her heels in the other direction, "Enjoy your date, brother!" She giggled, walking away with the guards trailing behind her.

Ijekiel sighed. It seemed that Jeanette was growing more mature as time passes by. Although the thought of his adorable little sister slowly getting further away from him was quite lonely...

"Ijekiel?" The silver-haired snapped out of his thoughts as he heard [Y/n]'s voice calling out his name. He turned his head towards her, humming questioningly as she looked at him in confusion, "Where's Jeanette?"