News at a funeral (Dean)

Začať od začiatku

He looked around too then back at me with a smile, "Yeah, of course."

The cool air hit me as the sunset came into view. I pulled his flannel around my chest tighter, and I heard him chuckle. "I see you are the one who took my favorite shirt." He teased.

I blushed, "Uh, yeah. But uh... I need to tell you something. I've been trying to call you and Sam but your numbers aren't in order anymore."

He tapped his forehead like he realized something, "Oh shit, yeah. We got tracked by this dick-bag FBI guy, so we had to ditch those old phones like right after you and I..."

I nodded as his voice trailed off. "Dean, I'm pregnant." I decided to just lay it out there plain as day.

He seemed to freeze, his eyes filled with panic, worry, love and confusion. His eyebrows tweaked together, making him so adorable. "What?" He asked, though it wasn't really that he didn't hear me. More like he needed to hear me say it again to make it real.

I pulled apart the flannel, and pulled the t-shirt tighter to show my little belly. "I'm pregnant."

His hand and eyes went right to my stomach. "Seriously? Oh my God." He was breathless.

I touched his face and his eyes locked with mine again. "Yeah, I know. 17 weeks... a little over four months."

He looked apologetic. "Nat, I am so sorry I didn't get in touch with you again. But we agreed we couldn't get close because of work... and I just... never would've expected that you would be pregnant."

"No, it's alright. I know. It came as quite the shock to me too. I'm sorry I didn't try harder to track you down."

He shook his head and cupped my face in his hands. "Don't be sorry, Nat. I'm here now. I know, now. God.... I'm going to have a kid."

I giggled a little, making him smile softly down at me.

"We're in this together, alright?" He asked though it was more of a promise.

We went inside, he held my hand sweetly. We found Sam who smirked when he saw us holding hands.

I went over and hugged him. "Hey, Sam. It's good to see you again."

"You too, Nat. So uh, you guys?" He gestured between me and Dean as Dean leaned on the wall next to him and pulled me by my hip again him.

I glanced at Dean who smirked and kissed my head before leaning toward his brother to whisper, "We're having a baby, Sammy."

Sam's jaw dropped. I held a finger up to my lips.

"No way." He whispered excitedly. I nodded with a small laugh. "That's amazing."

Dean's fingers were tracing absent mindedly over my hip as he took a sip of his beer. "Yeah, God... I can't wrap my head around it. Me with a kid." He sounded nervous.

Sam laughed a little bit too.

When I got tired Dean offered to drive me back to my hotel. "Here, Sammy. You know the rules, not a scratch." He told Sam as he tossed him the keys to Baby.

Sam chuckled before hugging me. "Yeah, Dean, I know. Nat, it was so great to see you. I'm happy for you guys. I'll see you tomorrow?"

I nodded, "I'm sure you will."

Dean held my hand, leading the way to my car. He opened the passenger door, "In you go, sleepy head."

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "Thanks." I climbed in and he shut the door before walking around to the driver's side. I gave him the keys and we took off for the motel.

"So, uh, how do you want this to work, Nat? I'll do whatever you want. Just don't think you're alone anymore."

I bit my lip, "I don't know, Dean. Are you wanting us to go back to what we were? More? Less? I didn't really think about it past letting you know." I ran my hand over my belly, his went over top of mine as he drove.

He sighed, but his words were certain,  "I want us to be a family. Together. The way it should be."

"So... you want us back? As an actual couple?"

His entire face lit up as he looked at the road hearing my words. "Yeah, more than anything. I have missed you, and God it was so good to see you again. Now we're adding a kid to this mix... I want us, more than ever."

I sighed and leaned my head onto the seat, "Are you sure, Dean? I know this wasn't what you were expecting to happen. You weren't expecting me to come back into your life, let alone pregnant."

He smirked, "But you did and you are. We're having a baby. I can't think of a more perfect reason to finally be together, I want you. And don't you think our kid would do better with us together?"

I nodded and smiled at him, "I just don't want you to think you have to be with me just for us to have a kid together. Either way we're a family. I know family means so much to you."

He nodded, "And I'm keeping mine together."