𝐢𝐯. NOT IN THE SAME WAY.

❪ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗚𝗡𝗘 & 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘 ❫

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━ not in the same way

not in the same way.  ╱  season one, episode one.
❛ 𝗋𝗂𝗉 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗏𝖾, 𝗈𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗅𝗈𝗈𝗋 𝗐𝖺𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝗆𝖾 𝖻𝗅𝖾𝖾𝖽. 𝗂 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎, 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗆𝖾, 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗒,❜

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE how much Kennedy hated her brother at this moment. She had spent a good hour and a half fooling around with Riley and Sarah as they got ready. A blunt was passed back and forth between Kennedy and Riley as they pre-gamed lightly for the night ahead. Goofy outfit changes entertained the three, while Kennedy and Sarah were splayed across the king sized bed, Riley praced around the large room, blunt placed between his fingers, bouncing along to a random pop song that flowed through the air. Laughter spilled from Kennedy's lips, a feeling of euphoria dancing across her skin, watching her best friend goofily move around her room in some heels her mother bought her last year.

Overall, the small blonde was in a good mood, forgetting about the foreboding pogues that she would no doubt meet tonight, she ignored the bubbling anxiety, just focusing on the feeling of being excited to get drunk off her ass for the time in a while. But as soon as they made their way down the stairs, the smile that was etched on Kennedy's scarlett red lips instantly fell.

The boy she had been avoiding for the past few days was chattering along with her brother. The heart that was slowly filling with hope and serenity for the night ahead, crumbled to the marble stairs under her. Kennedy had the knack of avoiding the Cameron boy when she didn't want to fix things. When they don't talk it gives Kennedy the free air she desperately craves. It lets her shoulders drop, forgetting the weight of their relationship. She can imagine a life that doesn't constantly revolve around Rafe Cameron's toxic personality. But here he was, ready to weasel his way back into the arms of the Thornton girl.

All eyes were on her once again, here she was having to make another decision she didn't want to make. Yet again, she was slowly getting dragged into a relationship that gave her nothing but pain and exhaustion.

Conversation between the two boys in foyer ceased, apologetic eyes washed over the enigma, Kennedy resisted the urge to scream. Riley audibly groaned once his eyes drifted to the Cameron boy, making Sarah send a light slap to his chest. Kennedy rubbed her sweaty palms against the linen material of her white summer dress, before making her way down the stairs, eager to get this over with.

"What do you want Rafe?" The blonde questioned with her arms crossed, feeling his leering eyes making her skin itch.

The boy wrung his wrists nervously, already feeling anxious from her harsh tone, "I was wondering if I could talk to you?"