𝐱𝐯𝐢. SWEET NOTHING.

❪ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗚𝗡𝗘 & 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘 ❫

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━sweet nothing

sweet nothing. ╱ season one, episode six.
𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯',

KENNEDY HAD NEVER felt this heavy as she stared blankly out the passenger side window of her BMW. Pain lay heavily on her chest, it felt constricting, as if with each second someone was squeezing her heart tighter and tighter. She hated this feeling, she felt weak, like she was pathetic to dwell on her ending relationship with her mother. Kennedy despised the woman but there was always a small part of her that believed that one day her mother would change and love her as she was meant to. But she should've known that was just a pipe dream.

Cynthia was a cold and calculated woman that cared about nothing except for herself and only controlled her family in order to fit her own narrative. Kennedy wondered what made her mother get to that point, was she ever a good person? Who made her this way? For the longest time, she pointed the blame at her mother's parents, but they were never that intense. Of course, they were the typical preppy rich that had been passed down through each generation of Thorntons, but they never were cruel, they never treated her mother as she treated Kennedy.

Kennedy shouldn't dwell on how her mother came to be, there's nothing that can undo what happened this morning, Kennedy will never have a relationship with her mother again. She doesn't even think that they could reconcile later in life, her mother is always going to stay the same and Kennedy can't have somebody like that in her life. She was already almost destroyed once, she can't let that happen again.

She's riddled with regret, there's so much of the fight that she wishes she could've changed, there's so much more that she wanted to say, but fear was lodged in her throat and she just couldn't get it out. It was understandable, the way she was treated still haunts her memories, and the abuse was blatant like the woman didn't even care that she was hurting her child in front of people. Kennedy assumed that she was going to get slapped a few times, knowing that the things that she would say were going to offend the older woman. But she never thought there would be a small clump of her hair missing, it still throbs lightly when she touches it. It wasn't noticeable but Kennedy knew it was there, and that's what hurt the most.

Her car was quiet, a deadly silence lingered in the air as she and JJ sat in an empty parking lot of a lookout point that they used to come to all the time last summer. There was a small hum from the radio as the two didn't say anything to each other. Since this morning, JJ went silent, he barely said a few words to Kennedy. She could tell he was upset by what her mother said, he got beaten down by the woman with just a few words. Kennedy was used to it so it hurt a lot less than it hurt him. She could visibly see a new weight sit on his shoulders, he was worried that what her mother said was true, she could just tell.