Falling and Falling

Start from the beginning

Home.

.....................................................................

[Max's POV]

"I couldn't sleep for days, I just kept thinking about what I did to you and then I realised I had to change. Melanie was dead, nothing was going to bring her back- it pains me that I only realised this when I destroyed everything."

His voice trembled a bit, he cleared his throat "I'm sorry" he whispered. "As I was saying after the way the wonderful people at the clinic helped me and released me I wanted to make a better life for myself. I went back to my parents house to beg for forgiveness but it didnt take that long they accepted me the minute I walked in- I realised that I was loved I was just too depressed at the time to notice. My dad got me a job at his banking firm and I quickly made myself a senior manager"

That explains the suit, I thought.

"I tried to find you, but you weren't living in your parent's house anymore and I didn't know where you had moved too, after months of searching I gave up"

"So how did you find me?"

"Well, I had a bank appointment with one Mr. Foreman"

"My...My boss?" I questioned puzzled

"Yep" he continued "He was opening another account for his company. We had some idle chat and then he started talking about his new employee, I think his exact words were "The boy is heaven sent" Chris chuckled "He wouldn't stop talking about you" I asked him who this kid was and he said it 'Max Evans" I thought I was going to fall off my chair, I'd finally found you. Getting your number after that was easy, but every time I tried calling you I lost the balls to actually speak to you- then you got pissed and hung up"

"Oh"

"Yeah" after a few seconds of silence he continued "Today I just plucked the courage to actually do it- go and see you not just call. I guess I was a little extreme though"

"Just a little bit" I murmured

"I see, well that's it really. I'm sorry again, sorry for everything- I dragged you into something that wasn't your business. I'm sorry Max so sorry" he whispered "I'm sorry"

...................................................

[Erick's POV]

I knocked on the door.

Her face widen in shock

"Erick" she jumped which kind of surprised me, she ran up and hugged me tightly

"Hey mom" I chuckled hugging her back. I didn't realise how much I missed her 

When she finally let go of me she held my face in her hands, "oh you are so handsome and so mature", her eyes began to water.

"Mom, it's only been a couple of years"

"Well it feels like forever." She whispered. She grabbed my hand and tried to pull me but I resisted, surprising her a little.

"Wait" I felt her hold on my hand grow tighter "Is dad in?"

She sighed "No hunny"

I nodded "Alright"

I let her pull me in this time and I closed the door behind me.

She almost ran in to the living room.

"Guess who's here!?"

"Who?"

 I sighed I recognised that Jack-ass's voice from anywhere