𝐠uilty (𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬)

Request: Can you do a Carl Grimes imagine where the reader is Carl's twin sister and after Carl gets his eye shot out she feels really bad about it and thinks it's her fault so she avoids him and he confronts her about it? Please and thanks!

Warnings: -

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Ashamed.
Guilt.
Regret.
All those words fit the description of how you felt.
It's been a week since Carl has been stable and active ever since the incident, the incident you could've prevented. Your brother wouldn't have to struggle with seeing out of one eye if you listened. You felt so bad, so you ignored him.

Every family dinner, you'd finish very quickly, since you couldn't leave the dining room unless your plate was empty. Every time he'd come in your room to say goodnight, you'd pretend you were already sleeping. Every time you had to help him with chores, you'd clean before you had to.

To sum it up, you tried your extreme best to not get his attention. You just couldn't look at him and not feel some type of way.

Sadly, your brother was smarter than that and quickly caught on. You now speed-walked past Enid's house, since she and Carl were sitting on the porch. "Y/n!" Carl yelled. "Dad needs me!" you yelled back and started to run, but you were gently pulled back.

You were face to face with him. "I said da–" "Dad's not even here, he went on a run," Carl busted your lie, your face flashing red. You sighed and began to walk away, but he stopped you once more. "Y/n, you ignore me every single day and although it doesn't seem like it, I notice. You're my sister, I am your brother, we are meant to talk to each other," he groaned.

"I'm sorry, but you don't get it," you sighed. "Don't get what?" Carl asked, puzzled. "That I ignore you because every time I see your face I feel ashamed about myself and sorrow for you," you began to cry.

"Why?" his face softened. "I could have prevented the inci—," "Y/n, don—," "I could have!" you cried harder.

"Ron, he told me that he was a loose cannon and he was gonna hurt someone eventually, I could have done something right there right then, but I didn't. And now because I didn't do something he finally hurt someone, you. It should have been me," you were a complete crying mess, Carl held you tight, calming you down.

"There was nothing you could have done without making the situation worse, trust me. I am fine, Y/n, I'm living. There's no need for you to ignore me. We are safe so let's enjoy each other's company while we can, okay little sis?" he smiles, wiping the remaining tears off your face. "Yea, yea, okay," you calm down, a small smile rests on your face.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

published 9/19/16