prologue ❨ i ❩.

Before You Read !
◦ *˳༄ note i: I highly recommend you read this chapter using standard mode and NOT dark mode. Dark mode will make everything look a little odd.

◦ *˳༄ note ii: the prologue ended up being really long (think ~8k words?), so I've split it into two chapters for a better reading experience, I guess. I also think I packed in a lot of exposition and foreshadowing in these chapters, so sorry if its overwhelming or confusing... idk guys, I tried something different for this chapter.

◦ *˳༄ note iii: the prologue is told in a series of snapshots spanning 5 years, and includes short scenes, newspaper/magazine clippings, radio segments, etc. (particularly in the next half of the prologue). The prologue has a different format (and writing style) from the rest of the book, which has a more book-like feel to it. If this ends up not being your cup of tea, I would request you to maybe give the other chapters a go?

And with all that said, happy reading!!!
p.s: don't forget to vote and comment
to indulge this needy writer :)

◦ *˳༄ OF PAPER CLIPPINGS AND PUB CRAWLS❨ prologue

prologue. ❩ ━━━ part i.

 ❩ ━━━ part i

1998
◦ *˳ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ˳* ◦
May 3rd.

    THE wireless was humming in the background when Harry awoke again. Barely clinging onto consciousness as sleep threatened to take him under once more, Harry lay still for a long while, keenly aware of the slightly musty smelling blanket draped over him. He wondered whether it was Ron or Hermione who had managed to find the blanket for him - or rather, managed to find him - but he could spare the thought no more of his fragmented attention.

    As time trickled by, Harry's senses slowly but surely focused more and more on his surroundings. First, and only after blinking roughly against the grit in his eyes, Harry managed to open his eyes enough to register that it was nearing daybreak; the night sky's darkness was slowly evaporating in a way he'd become so attuned to during all those midnight watches he'd taken while on the run. The sight made something twist inside him, and he tried to swallow the lump clogging his throat, only to find his mouth dry, his body aching still from the injuries inflicted upon it earlier that day.