Chapter 24- Holidays and Hostages

Aleksian's POV~

Aleksian's POV~

I arrived at the pageant a little later than my brother, so I used my hearing to try and listen for his voice, or Caroline's, but a new voice caught my attention.

"I can't believe that I won. I just want to thank the judges for seeing past the fact that I'm a raging bitch."

This made me laugh. But it also intrigued me, her voice is heavenly, calming even. No doubt it belonged to a pretty face. But when I tried to search for the voice again, I lost it. Making groan in annoyance. But, she did hear Caroline speak into the microphone.

"I remember the first time we did this dance." I say as I walk up to my brother. 

"1267, England, it was a ball for the Prince if I'm not mistaken." Klaus says and his twin nods. "Either the Prince or the Princess. I'm not sure, there were a lot of Royal's in attendance with us that night." "Which of course meant you weren't at the ball very long were you, sister?" Klaus speaks with amusement in his voice and a smirk that only grows when he watches his sister smirk as well.

"Be right back. Caroline is causing a scene." Klaus states as he walks away.

------------------------------------------------------------

Every time I try and go to my brother and Caroline one of the members of the new founder's council comes up to me to talk about some new fundraiser.

After what felt like forever, I'm finally able to avoid everyone and find my brother and Caroline. "Finally. Hide me. All the adults keep trying to chat with me about fundraisers, it's like I'm at a work function." I say as I loop my arm around Nik's free one.

"What? I thought you liked working, Alex." Nik tells me, making me roll my eyes. "I hate going to these functions, Nik. You know that. But I told our beautiful blonde on your other arm here, that I would attend." I respond and look at Caroline who smiled at me.

"Thank you for coming Aleksian." she said with a smile. "Of course, love." I reply.

"I never answered your question, if I'd ever thought about being human." Nik says as he looks at Caroline once they unhooked arms.

"Once. I was on a trek in the Andes, and a hummingbird flew up to me and just hovered there staring at me. Its tiny heart was flattering like a machine gun...and I thought 'What a thing, you know, to have to work that hard every day just to stay alive, to be constantly on the verge of death, and how satisfying every day must be that it survived... And that was the only time I thought about being human... I'm going to get another drink, sister?"