12: This Chapter Is Just A Cockblocking Montage (And Bert Isn't Even In It)

Start from the beginning

Gerard shook his head in response, because this was not happening, and yet it was, and his head was spinning like fuck, and his world had just about turned itself over three times in the last two minutes as Gabe's explanation finally seemed to make sense as his reality neared breaking point.

It was honestly too much with Frank, and now this, and really, telling Gerard was an absolutely horrific idea on Gabe's part, and it was usually Gerard who concocted such life-ruining ideas.

"I don't love you, Gabe. I'm sorry, I guess... but you're a dick to me and I like somebody else." Gerard sighed out, making his way towards the door.

"Are you fucking cockblocking me, Way?" Gabe sighed out: humour working as a last resort. And it wasn't even particularly good humour either, which probably explained why it was a last resort.

Gerard sighed out, stopping and meeting Gabe's eyes. "Yes." And just like that, he left, and he broke someone's heart, because Gabe had deserved it.

And although Gerard was no one to decide as to whether someone deserved something or not, his head was still spinning from his encounter with Frank the other day, and he reckoned that it could serve as a perfectly suitable excuse as to why he really wasn't thinking straight.

Not that Gerard ever thought straight.

-

Pete Wentz found himself laid across the living room floor of Mikey Way's house: all too casually holding a spliff in his hand as he muttered along to Iron Maiden in the background.

Needless to say, Mrs Way wasn't home and wasn't going to be for a few hours now; if Pete Wentz was laid on her living room floor smoking weed when she could see him, quite frankly, Mikey wouldn't have been entirely so surprised if she'd ended up murdering the both of them.

You had to feel for Mrs Way sometimes, but of course only sometimes, as there was actually a reason as to why Pete had taken it upon himself to declare Mrs Way's favourite rug his new weed smoking spot.

And that reason was of course none other than something of Mikey's own creation, as the two Way brothers had at least something in common: coming up with incredibly bad and incredibly soul destroying ideas.

Of course, Mikey's idea right now was nowhere near up to the standard of breaking up a band after twelve years with one paragraph, and more along the lines of wanting to fuck this girl he'd vaguely knew, which was of course the most important thing in Mikey's life right now.

"Just ask her over and then move the conversation upstairs, you know, whatever, get stoned or drunk or something if you haven't got the balls." Pete sighed out, continuing to smoke as Mikey sat down at his feet, texting back Frank - something regarding meeting up in a couple of days which generally wasn't at all relevant to the plot, but whatever.

"I've barely even spoken a word to her in my life." Mikey reminded Pete, and thought that perhaps Frank would be the better person to ask about this, ignoring his obvious homosexuality and... crush on Mikey's older brother, which Mikey was approaching with the 'ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist' stance, which surprisingly, was working so far. But then again, just about anyone was better to ask for life advice than a stoned Pete Wentz.

He was probably better asking Gerard about this, and it seemed like his brother was actively trying to ruin his own life right now, but of course, Pete was the only one who'd come and listen to Mikey rant on such short notice, and yeah, Gerard was at theatre right now.

"I've barely spoken a word to your mum in my life and we still got it on last night." Pete met Mikey's gaze for a few seconds as Mikey failed to come to terms with the fact that Pete had actually just said that. And then, of course, Pete was practically choking on his own laughter and Mikey came to conclude that he probably just should've asked his mum for advice about this, as it was difficult to even hold a conversation with stoned Pete, let alone get anything of value out of it.