9: Frank Iero's Guide To Ruining Your Life In 24 Hours Or Less

"Maybe I don't have feelings for girls at all."

It soon became evident that Mikey had taken Frank's words entirely the wrong way, and was now staring at the sixteen year old liked he'd just confessed to killing a man, but really, it would be absolutely fine if Frank could just laugh it off and tell him that he intended to convey the fact that he was an apathetic asshole, and not a guy that liked it up his asshole, but his words soon stuck in his throat as what Bert had said to him, and then what Bert had said to him and then what he said to Gerard flashed through his mind, and oh fucking hell.

It seemed that the more Frank considered the idea of homosexuality, the more 'appealing', well logical it seemed, and maybe he was a faggot, and maybe he was a little in love with Gerard, but there was no way in hell that he was going to admit that ever, not to himself, and especially not to Mikey Way.

"I.. I meant- I didn't ever mean that I-" Of course just 'laughing it off' was far harder than Frank had expected, and he couldn't help but just blush like hell as Mikey continued to just fucking look at him: that same 'confessed to killing a man' look.

"Are you gay or not Frank?" And when Mikey just put it as directly as that, the fact that Frank just didn't fucking know couldn't be helped at all, and the sixteen year old found his words catching in his throat as it went dry and he considered puking his guts up, but reckoned Mikey wouldn't exactly appreciate the vomit stain on his carpet.

"I-I-I... don't know... I mean, I'm probably like ninety nine percent chance not, but I just, my head's being screwed with, my head's being just- and I- I-... I just don't know anymore." He sighed out, not knowing whether a confession of the calibre was something he should have regretted instantly or not, but really, they were far past the laughing off stage now. "I don't want to be gay, I just, I'm not, I-I-I... just-"

"Who is it?" Mikey was nonchalant and just knew exactly what Frank was trying to convey, and however on earth he'd managed that, it was just something the sixteen year old was thankful for, but then, then there was that matter of who it was, and telling Mikey that his mind was headfucking itself over none other than Mikey's brother - the emo lump who was pretty much the sworn enemy of Mikey himself.

"Err... no one in particular, I just, I fucking just-"

"Frank, I've been through this whole conversation with my brother a few years ago at least six times, so I know how it goes: it's a guy, and you're killing yourself over him, because you're in love and you want to continue believing that you're 'normal' and that you can just fuck girls and ignore this, but I know from Gerard that ignoring it or, trying to, just does nothing but screw you over, Frank, so come on. Don't lie to me."

"I can't tell you who, but you're right, you’re so goddamn right about everything, but I can't be gay, I just, my best friend's a homophobic asshole, and I'm- I'm supposed to be a homophobic asshole, but I... I... my head goddamn hurts thinking about this, and I guess it would be easier just to tell you, I mean, you're my friend and I trust you, but I just can't, and I'm sorry, I'm a fuck up, and I-I-I... I-"

"It's Gerard, isn't it?" Frank's eyes widened in an expression signifying none other than the one thought running rampant through his head right then: 'oh fuck me, you've got in perfectly right but there's still nothing I can do but deny it'.

"No!" Frank exclaimed with entirely too much vigour, and really, Mikey had to try not to just laugh in his  face because the guy was an absolutely terrible liar.

Maybe it was better if Frank didn't admit it though, because then Mikey knew that due to Gerard's stubborn demeanour, that the two of them would never get anywhere and his asshole of a brother would never have the satisfaction of being right about something, even if it did involve the worst fucking plan ever.