Page N°7

[Leopold's Dorm]

Leopold was currently finishing preparing his things to go at Asta's when a portal appeared in the middle of the room revealing his man. "Leo, are you done?" "Uh n-no... But soon haha don't worry..." He answered nervously, fearing he offended Asta for having made him move for nothing. However, Asta had a soft expression, which he never shows in public, only when he is with Leopold. "Asta, you're smiling!" "Oh, that's it? Yet I smile often..." "Yes, but your usual smiles are scary..." Asta didn't expect this at all, his smiles were scary? 'He's not wrong, you know, kid. / It's true that he's not wrong...' 'Well thanks you two...' even his 'parents' agreed. Maybe in the end it was true. "Anyways, let me help you carrying your things?" Leopold was getting a blush at the thought of Asta carrying his belongings, could he have the opportunity to see his beautiful muscles again? No! It's inappropriate thoughts as well! Although... In the evening when it's going to be bedtime... 'I should stop before he notices...' He thought, hoping Asta hadn't guessed what he was thinking. But... He forgot that Asta can read minds but decided to say anything in front of this cute scene.

[Asta's Treehouse]

"It's not big but make yourself at home." The interior was a normal size, which pleased Leo because he didn't like large rooms. "Is it really in a tree? It's really beautiful!" The admiration was heard in Leo's voice, which made Asta laugh a little. "Yes and no, before I had my magic, it's was even smaller, I didn't want to kill the tree, so I was dealing with it. But when I finally got it, I decided to use a spatial distortion, making the room bigger, without doing any damage to the tree, I didn't want the forest's Spirits to scold me." 'Wait... Did he say Spirits of the Forest?!' "Spirits, are there any?!" "Chuckles, it's just a legend, but I believe it." Leopold paused for two minutes, proceeding to the information's before making a conclusion. "So if you believe it, I believe it."

Skip Time, Night Time.

"Asta... Can you tell me about your childhood?" Oh, it was unexpected. "Of course." "B-but don't force yourself if you don't want!" "Don't worry: As you know, I come from the Hage's village, which is near the body of the 'Evil' you know, the monster that was killed by the first Magic Emperor? besides, we're a few miles from the corpse." "It must be great!" "Yeah, when you want to hide from the rest of the world... Before I got my Grimoire, I was unable to use magic. And for that, I was bullied by the children of the village, and even those of the Church, where I 'lived' because I was abandoned at birth... Some even said that I was the reincarnation of the 'Evil' itself... And because I'm a 'sociopath', it confirmed that I was its reincarnation. So I spent my time alone in the forest. I didn't need a friend because I had the animals to keep me company, there's even a bird that decided to stay close to me, look over there, in the corner, she made her nest." Pointing to a bird sleeping in its nest near Asta's bed. "Her name is Nero and to be honest, I appreciate her company. And, when I got my Grimoire, I was happy but apparently the village wasn't, even the father of the Church, who said behind my back that a mistake like me didn't deserve a Grimoire. And Yuno, a guy who was with me at the Entrance Exam, the one with the 4-leaf Grimoire, was appreciated by everyone even long before he got his grimoire, he was gifted in magic and all. But before, when we were kids, he was just crying. And when he learned to use magic and knew I couldn't, he started being arrogant... And then I met you. You know the rest, don't you?" Leopold hadn't imagined Asta's childhood to be like that... "Wow, that must have been hard, right?" "Hmm... it doesn't matter now, it's very late, we see the full moon, we should sleep ..." "Hmh... Good night Asta." "Good night."

 Asta slept peacefully while hugging his lover from behind while Leopold wondered how Asta managed to live in these conditions. If he was Asta, he would have already given up... But Asta didn't do it because he's strong. 'To be honest, I'm glad he made it...' On these last thoughts, Leopold fell asleep.