Chapter Twenty Nine: The Tickets

Well, here it is. The last chapter to book one. My stomach is twirling while typing this- we're one book closer to the end. Anyways, book two should start soon. I need to come up with a name before I actually put it up though. And a cover. So... here we go. Remember: Vote, like, fan, tweet, and add to your library. (PS- This is now in the Watty Awards.)

Chapter Twenty Nine: The Tickets

James stepped off the train with his three friends and cousin. He said good bye and walked around in search of his mum, dad, brother, and sister.

"Hey, Lily. Where are mum and dad?" James asked when he saw his little sister talking to another girl about her age.

She merely pointed towards the back of the large room.

James walked over to his parents, "Hey, mum. Hey, dad!"

"Hey, James," Harry said, ruffling his son's hair.

~_-_-_-_~

James yawned and pulled his trunk into the kitchen. "Merlin, that was a long ride," he said.

"James! Albus! Lily!" Ginny called from the living room of number twelve Grimmauld Place.

"Yeah, mum?" James asked walking into the room. Lily whizzed right past him and sat down on the floor in front of the coffee table. Albus walked in and sat down on the chair without a word.

"Take a seat," Ginny said.

James sat in the chair opposite of James and waited for their father. He walked in and sat down next to Ginny.

"Minister Hemworth knows the American Minister of Magic very well. Since this years Quidditch World Cup is in America, the Minister gave Hemworth enough for each family in the ministry and friends."

"We're going to the cup?" James asked.

Harry smiled and nodded.

"How many friends can we take?" Albus asked, looking like he was about to run up to his room and invite someone at that very moment.

"Just one," Harry said.

James, Albus, and Lily shot up and went right to their rooms. "Who're you going to bring, James?" Albus asked.

"Probably Emily. Her mum doesn't work at the Ministry and her dad is a Muggle. Trinity's dad and Scorp's mum do work at the Ministry, so they'll probably be there."

"I dunno who I'll take. Maybe Ian."

"I want to bring Lissa!" Lily said.

James smiled as he closed the door to his room. He was really going to the Quidditch World Cup. He could hardly believe it. Now he just needed to write Emily and his other friends to see if they were going. He reached under his bed and grabbed a package of coookies. When he'd gotten his wand, he'd put a spell on them so they'd never get old. He sat down on his bed, grabbed a quill and some spare ink, bit into a cookie and began to write his letter to Emily.

© JK Rowling (Harry Potter, other characters, places, etc.)

© goddessoflife (All made up characters [i.e. Emily, Sam, Trinity, Cray], and plot)

🎉 You've finished reading The Next Generation Book One: The Ghost of Ackron (Complete) [WATTY AWARDS 2011] 🎉