wonwoo ➳ comfort and kisses

Genre: hurt/comfort? and fluff (can be very cheesy hhehe :D)

Now listening to All my love by seventeen

--

You love to study, and read, and do all those research and note takings, you had to. But it's hard to find that joy in learning when it feels more like a chore than anything else. It would always end up in you missing a few pieces of information on your notes, daydream in class, and/or ditch it entirely. So when you arrived home, it was only natural for you to bring that gloomy mood with you. You didn't want to. Not when wonwoo told you that his mom made you her kimchi fried rice with the sweetest smile ever. But knowing yourself you couldn't easily hide the loss of life in your eyes. Wonwoo picked up on that quite quickly as you throw yourself to him. He leaned on the kitchen counter as you sighed heavily. "Everything okay love?", his voice calm, just what you needed. You shrugged as an answer.

You stayed for a while. Face buried on his chest and hands loosely around his waist, as he soothingly played with your hair. He gently pulled your face away from his chest, and softly caressed your cheek."You wanna eat first before resting?"

"Sure."

Dinner was expectedly silent. The two of you slowly eating while the television serves the sole purpose of being quiet background noise. Despite the look of worry on wonwoo's face, you knew wonwoo wasn't going to start a conversation about it if you didn't want to. But seeing him clueless made you feel guilty, and besides it would be better if you told him too. So you turned to him and put your bowl of rice on the coffee table. Wonwoo seemed to know what was happening as he too put his bowl away and turned to you. You told him about how draining the day was. You couldn't focus on anything, and couldn't contribute to any meetings you had that day. You tried taking breaks in between classes, going to the usual cafe to get cookies to recharge your energy. But it felt more like you were wasting time cause usually, you would be in the library revising notes from presentations you had earlier in the day.

Wonwoo listened as you talked your head and heart out. He kept quiet, mainly letting you say everything you want. "It's nothing big really, but I-I don't know. Maybe I'm just stressed. I know a lot of people are probably feeling the exact same way as I am right now, but why can't I go through it? It's not a big deal anyways, a-and It doesn't matter. I'll probably forget about this cause I'm just too emotional, right now and-"

"Y/n," He stopped you making you face him before kissing you. Lips meeting ever so softly. Both lips lingered before he began to move. A simple way of him reassuring you, telling you to slow down, and pull you back before you get too worked up. You relaxed your eyebrows you didn't know were furrowed. Slowed down your heartbeat. When he felt you relaxed, wonwoo pulled away. With eyes closed, and put his forehead on yours. "Here, hold my hand..."

The next few minutes were spent listening before you went completely quiet, both from exhaustion but also relief. Wonwoo drew circles on your hand with his thumb and asked if you wanted him to draw you a bath, to which you happily said yes.

It was a warm bath. A bath where the water around you feels like fluffy blankets, wrapping you in. One that felt calming and comforting. One where you can smell the sweet vanilla from your shampoo fly around the room. One with wonwoo's soft playlist playing in the background. One where you could feel the worry evaporating from your pool of thoughts, while you take in the yellow glow of the candlelight.

Once you're all ready for bed, you called wonwoo who was washing the dishes. After receiving an, "mhmm, I'll be right there." as an answer you closed the door, turned off the light and tucked yourself in the duvet. The cold air enveloping you was serene. It's that type of cold that rides your skin and tingles your spine. That feels nice on your washed hair and wonwoo's clothes you were wearing as a pyjama.