Chapter 1: Preperation

Today is an important day, if not, the most important day of your life.

Walking right into the spotlight in the center of the fighting area, your eyes widen at the realization of just how many spectators were present. Large crowds of people gathered into this confined dome just to witness your fight, and potentially, your defeat.

Hisoka was someone not to be messed with, you knew that. His last fight with Kastro was broadcasted on every device in the city, it was an understatement to say that Hisoka was a big deal. After reaching the 200th floor of Heavens Arena, you were shocked to find that Hisoka had insisted to fight you. Now here you both are, a week later looking at each other face to face, about to sacrifice your lives for what seemed to be mere entertainment for the general public.

It took a while to adjust to having so many eyes on you, which is probably why you didn't even realize the broadcaster announce the beginning of the fight. Sensing a certain bloodlust from the man across from you, his hungry eyes meet yours as a sign that it has begun.

"Well well well, Y/N. I'm glad you decided to show. You know, lately my opponents have stopped showing up to my fights. Tell me, am I really that intimidating?" he smirked. You can tell he knows the audience is listening closely to his narcissistic words, he lives off of it. "I couldn't say no to a Floor Master, of course I was going to show," you state, not giving Hisoka the satisfaction of your humiliation.

He doesn't respond. Simply just stands there and waits for you to strike first. You take the hint and twist the tiny knob on the side of your watch to conjure up a few daggers. That was your ability, "makeshift time." Your nen watch allows  you to conjure any object you can think of, each object disintegrating after 20 minutes of being created.

Hisoka is impressed by your choice of weapon. Slowly, he licks his lips and charges towards you.

The fight has begun.