Chapter 1

It was a quiet night in the Land of Departure and the castle that sat on an island was silent. All the residents that lived in the castle were asleep, well all except one. A blonde, spiky hair boy, whose name was Ventus, was wide awake in his room, laying on his bed while staring at his ceiling. He had woken up from a strange dream but, he didn’t think about it too much since he saw a flash of light out of the corner of his eye. He sat up quickly then looked out his window, where he saw more flashes of light fly through the sky. “A meteor shower”, he said in excitement then he got out of his bed and ran out of his room. He ran down the hall then he slowed down to stop in front of a door, where he slowly opened it and walked into the room. Inside the room, there was a desk with papers, books, and pens, on one of the walls was a bookshelf with different books about keyblades along with other worlds, and by the window was a bed where a large bump was laying under a sheet. Ventus walks over to the bed and shakes the bump. “Alexis, wake up”, he said and a small groan was heard under the blanket then the blanket moved down a bit. Underneath the blanket, was a young girl with white hair and she slowly opened her green eyes. “Ven, it’s the middle of the night”, she said in a tired tone as she sits up and looks at the boy. “I know, but there’s a meteor shower happening. We have to watch it”, he said then grabs her hand and tugs her out of bed. She giggles a bit and gets out of bed, letting him drag her out of her room and out of the castle. The two went to a little location that they along with their friends would go to when they want to spare or to just hang out. Ventus and Alexis sit down on the edge of the island and looked up at the sky, watching the meteor shower in awe. Their master, Master Eraqus, would always say that the two were inseparable since Ven and Alexis would always act like they were siblings. Their friends thought the same thing too. Alexis smiled to herself as she looks at the millions of stars that were in the night sky and she looked over at Ventus, only to giggle quietly once she saw that he was asleep with his head on his lap. She gently pats his head then looks up to hear footsteps. “Why didn’t you two bring blankets?”, a voice asked and Alexis smiled to see one of her friends. “To be fair, I didn’t know he would fall back asleep Aqua”, she said and Aqua smiled then sits down on the other side of her. Ventus then wakes up after a while and looks to see Aqua then the three talked for a bit. “Hey Alexis?”, Ventus asked and she looks at him. “Y’ever wonder what stars are? Where light comes from?”, he asked her and she thinks. “Well, they say-” she started to say but get interrupted but, she smiled when she sees Terra. “That every star up there is another world. It’s hard to believe there are so many worlds out there besides our own. The light in their hearts, and it’s shining down on us like a million lanterns”, Terra explained as he walked over and Ventus looked at him confused. “What? I don’t get it”, he said, and Alexis giggles. “In other words, they’re just like you Ven”, she said and he looked at her quickly. “What does THAT mean?”, he asked her which caused Terra to chuckle. “You’ll find out someday”, he said then the two started to argue which caused the two girls to laugh. “What’s so funny?”, Terra asked them and Aqua looks at him. “We can’t help it. You two would be the weirdest brothers”, she said and the two girls laugh again while the boys looked at them confused, but soon join them in laughing. 

Soon, the four of them were sitting on the edge of the island looking up at the stars. Terra was sitting next to Alexis on her left side and had his arm around her, where she had her head on his shoulder. The two were dating and they were happy with each other, Aqua and Ventus were happy for them too. “Oh yeah. Terra, Alexis, we have our Mark of Mastery Exams tomorrow. I made us good luck charms”, Aqua said as she stands up then reached into her pockets, she then pulls out four star-shaped charms. The charms were orange, blue, green, and white. She gives them each a charm and Ventus looked at his. “I get one too?”, he asked excitedly and Aqua smiled. “Of course, one for each of us”, she said and they all stand in a circle, Terra got the orange charm, Aqua got the blue charm, Ventus got the green charm and Alexis got the white charm. “Somewhere out there, there’s this tree with star-shaped fruit and the fruit represents an unbreakable connection. So long as you and your friends carry good luck charms shaped like it, nothing can drive you apart. You’ll always find your way back to each other. Technically, I think you’re supposed to make them with seashells but I did the best with what I had”, Aqua explained and looks at them. “Man you are such a girl sometimes”, Terra said as he crossed his arms and Alexis nudged him. “What’s that supposed to mean mister?”, she asked him. “So, this isn’t a real good luck charm?”, Ventus asked getting a bit upset. “Well, that’s yet to be seen. But, I did work a little magic on it”, Aqua said and walks over to them. “Really, What?”, Ventus asked and Aqua smiled. “An unbreakable connection”, she said and holds up her charm. Alexis holds her charm and looks up at the stars, she didn’t know why but she felt like something terrible is going to happen. “Alexis, come on. We need to get some rest”, Terra said as he walked over and she looks at him. “Alright”, she said and the two hold hands and they walked back to the castle with their friends. That would be the last night they ever spent beneath the same stars.