Chapter 1: Steve

Every night it's the same.
I'm standing over Pepperjack, bloody tears on his face. I look at my hands and realise I punched him really hard. Jude and Felix are laughing at him while he falls unconscious. I panic, dreading the next moments.

Then, we're in the museum with Eli's dead body beneath the creeper that attacked us that night. His eyes are closed, and he looks almost peaceful. It doesn't last long.

Now, we're in the forest at night. He's alive, but trapped, same as me. We're surrounded by trolls, two of them hold me back, while two others attack him. He tries to fight them off, but fails. They knock him over the head with a rock and he falls to the ground, again unconscious. After that, the trolls use their hands to dig into his soft flesh, and begin to eat him. I scream at them to stop, but they don't. They gorge themselves happily. His blood covers the ground and the trolls eat every last inch of him, leaving nothing but his bones in a heap. I fight and thrash and kick out at them to get them to stop, but they're already done with him and, seemingly full, they plod off and leave me to stare at the remains of Eli Pepperjack. I scream, a bloodcurdling scream. I scream his name. I scream it again and again. I scream and scream until I run out of air, then scream some more.

"Steve! Wake up! You're having a nightmare!"

"Eli! Eli! Eli!" I yell and thrash as Toby and Jim shake me awake. I see them, and the dream fades away, leaving me in a state of shock.
It takes a solid minute to calm me down enough to speak, and when that happens, they instantly begin asking me questions

"What was the nightmare about?

Oof, hitting hard right off the bat. I don't want to talk about it, but I know they'll pester me. I'd better explain.

As I finish telling them, they stare at me funny.

"Why dream about Eli, and not Aja?" I was actually asking myself the same question.