Ch. 35: Search

Commander Erwin looks at Hange with wide eyes then frowns, "Get the Survey Corps ready. No one else should be involved. Hange you will take the lead, until Levi is present. I'll keep watch here. Go hurry!"

Hange nods, "Yes, sir." and heistly goes off on her way to collect the rest of the members who would be joining this mission.

Hange informed the of rest cadets lined up in front of her what had happened, which includes: Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Connie, and Sasha. Suit up in their 3D Manuver gear.

You and Levi quickly met up with them, the both of you still in your normal attire but equipped with a small  knife which you hide under your clothes. Levi had decided that the both of you should not gear up, and keep the part of two frantic parents looking for their missing child.

The problem is you weren't sure if they were just abducting children for ransom or they targeted Furlan specifically because its Levi's child. So it was decided that you would go first. While Levi will check out the surrounding area for anything.

By now the performance was already over. The performancers were packing their stuff for the night and retiring to their tents to rest. But you know that they will be staying for another night. Since banners were hung through the town square for their promotion.

There's no time, as you quickly got into their tent where a tall man with a top hat went in.

The man with the curly brown mustache was clearly the headmaster, since he was ordering everyone around like swines.

"Dear sir, have you seen my child?" you ask worriedly.

"Oh, I remember you. You caught the ball that my clown here threw at the crowd for some audience interaction. It was too loud where I was standing. You said you lost your child, madam?" the headmaster asks again.

Inside you're feeling quite annoyed, that he's prolonging the time to search for Furlan. As you describe Furlan's appearance to the headmaster.

"I'm sorry, sir. But I'm really in a hurry. Have you seen him or not?" you ask as you try to stay calm.

"These are the only kids we have." He ushers out three kids from behind a curtain. "They were sold to us from orphanages." you grimace at the sight of child labor and in disgust that the orphanage would even sell the kids for profit.

"Please treat them well." you say as you bid them goodbye, the headmaster isn't giving anything. And you can't randomly accuse anyone for something they may have not done.

When you walk out of the tent, you sigh out of frustration. The Survey Corps were off searching for other clues and  suspicious activities that may link to Furlan's kidnapping. Only Connie and Sasha were assigned to follow your move,as they hide in the shadows.

"Ma'am?" you hear a voice call out to you from behind, with too little time to react, you feel a sharp pain hit your neck, and soon you slump down, lifted onto their shoulder. Completely knocked out by the person carrying you in another direction.

"This is bad!" Connie says almost too loudly, as Sasha quickly covers his mouth. They follow the tall man who had carried you on his shoulder. Walking into the shadows behind a few buildings.

Sasha and Connie were now on the roofs, watching the man carrying you into a warehouse.

Sasha and Connie quickly made their way down and stealthily made their way in. However, as they look inside. They were quite surprised that all they see were just piles of boxes.
And by piles of boxes, the whole warehouse was filled with it.

Sasha almost cusses under her breathe, "Didn't he go into this one?" Sasha asks Connie.
Connie looks around, " Yes, I'm sure. But he couldn't have gone that fast."