"Why are you crying?" She heard Mansura asking from beside her, getting all the attentions from the other three maids looking at the kitchen in front of them with awe.

"Just relishing some memories with my parents." She croaked, trying her best to wipe away the tears without taking off the makeup from her face to blow out her cover.

Her father died when she was just ten leaving her with her mother who got married to another man when she turned twelve, he also died leaving her mother pregnant. She got a miscarriage because people keep taunting her about her killing her husbands. With too much stress, one from their own family members and neighbours and two from the burden of her husband's death, not to forget about her thoughts going wayward. She started to think that she is not a woman worth marrying, she vowed to never marry again.

Since then, her mother kept struggling to get something for them to eat so she forgot about being lonely again. She was still so young then, every woman would have thought of getting married to another man but she never did. All she thought about is getting something for them to eat, giving them good education like any other girls in their neighbourhood. She is thankfully blessed with children that got the brains and have the passion of studying.

Everyone praised them around the neighbourhood for their neatness, love for studying and learning more everyday. Then each one of them got scholarship except for Amirah seeing it happens only for students that are about to start their senior secondary school. She's seen how her mother suffered trying to help her get good education so she kept studying to also have that scholarship, and she did.

No matter how many times she'd fight with her mother, she knew the woman loves them like no other person on earth. She could recall when her mother won't eat till they all admit to being full. But since she was young then, she will keep eating even when her sisters will say they are full. She won't leave anymore for her mother so when she grew up and saw that their mother only eat the remains of what they have, she stopped eating it all.

So there is no way she will bounce off her mother's wish. Not even when the humanity is wrapped around her neck, she loves her mother too much for that. But it also caused her so much difficulties not worth it.

"Oh, sorry." They offered their sympathy since they know about her parents being dead.

"Now please get to work before Queen Bee comes in here. I don't even know if we should call her her Highness." Jihan rolled her eyes, she hates getting bossed around by those rich people but she has to take it all or she won't get food. Her own story is different.

"Same here." Lubabatu shook her head and tap her foot on the floor seeing her chance with the youngest Prince just vanished, but, she is no quitter.

"Adjust your makeup first, Ameena. I know how much you hate working with runny mascara and foundation." Aidah pushed the bag into her hands and Amirah was quick to adjust the said makeup, making sure to keep the extra long eyelashes intact.

"Thanks." She released a breath after she finished then set to cook tuwo for the Princess inside the living room waiting for them to serve her.

They served the food for her, Amirah feeling all more giddy at the thought of being the first woman to cook in the kitchen. The place was rightfully hers so the thought of cooking first before his own wife brought this peculiar, fremd, queer sense of satisfaction to her whole being. She has already took her right, everyone should follow behind her now. Slyly, she smirked in gratification and pleasure. She feels fulfilled deep within her, she has her first fingerprints in her own kitchen.

"This is amazing, hats off." She heard Usayma's voice from in front of her. They are standing all around the dining room waiting for her to throw orders around but she didn't.