~Goodbye my heart~

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry to inform you, sir. Miss. Lily isn't okay. She is admitted to the city hospital from the last week. She asked us to contact you," The man informed in his grim tone and I felt my heart hammer. What happened to her? Why did she ask them to contact me only? Was she alright?

I didn't know. I just knew that my heart was hammering very painfully and It was getting hard to breath. I was anxious and afraid.

"I'll be there," I informed the man and disconnected the call and asked Kaka to drive towards the civil hospital.

Numerous questions marred in my brain. What was Lily doing in a civil hospital? Why was she there? The last I checked, her husband was an heir to a very rich family. They were well off and it was one of the reasons for her father rejecting me. My family and I were kinda mediocre in front of that family. Plus, Lily never saw me as anything but her best friend and the guy she had to write notes for in the university.

While for me, she was everything. She was like the most beautiful dream ever made. The sand of the sandman igniting dreams and I...I wasn't her dream catcher yet, I found her in poems and stories. She was a book, I never wanted to lose.

Lily was this vibrating full of life being, outspoken and wild displaying a myriad of emotions with her eyes. She was expressive in a way, I wasn't and yet, she was my sunshine. The sunshine to my dreams, the motivator to my dark days. My best friend.

She was the girl that never truly knew what I felt and here, I was rushing through the corridors of the civil hospital because of her. Kaka had gone in and collected the information about her ward and stuff and though, I really was afraid of someone recognizing me. I threw caution in thin air for her. I've always done all kind of out of character stuffs for her.

And I really shouldn't have worried, people here were too busy in their own business to pay someone else any attention. It still took me sometimes but I reached her room.

And my heart died a painfully slow horrible death.

I didn't quite understand which memory was more painful for me. The memory of our last meet or now, the memory of our first meet after years. I never expected her to find her in a hospital.

Alone.

Broken.

She looked so pale, fragile, vulnerable and hurt. How did the vibrant girl full of sunshine turn into this broken being? Can the sun turn into the moon? Can the sun really ever need someone else light to shine?

I don't know.

I just knew I never wanted to see her like this ever.

"Lily,"

Her name escaped my lips like a holy prayer. A soft whisper. A mumble.

"Loki!!! You came," she sounded surprised, really surprised, like she didn't expect me to really come.

"Of course, I came. Was there really a time when you called your Loki and your Loki didn't come?" I asked her softly taking her hand in mine.

She smiled in reply. Even her smile lacked its usual lustre. She looked so broken and thin. She was just skin and bones merging with the hospital whites.

The dark purplish bruises on her hand making my heart bruised. How can you feel someone's pain like your own? My mind demanded, you just need to feel deeply, my heart supplied.

"What happened?" I asked her, scanning the various marks on her face and body. Some purple, some black, some faded yellowish. Her body seemed like a canvas of bruises standing against her ice kissed skin.