21

"Cedric rules!" A Hufflepuff stepped in Harry's way

"Cedric rules!" A Hufflepuff stepped in Harry's way. Wearing a bright yellow badged that spined into a green background with Harry's face which read 'POTTER STINKS' on it.

"You stink Potter!" Another young boy insulted as he ran past him.

Harry kept his eyes on him keeping his head lowered when he suddenly saw the boy trip and eat shit as he scrapped his hands. Harry looked up to see an irritated Slytherin girl on her way to the Courtyard. He halted on his walk when he almost ran into somebody.

"Like the badge?" Hannah Abbot, a blonde Hufflepuff, blocked the way.
Harry was about to excuse himself and walk around her when a hand moved him to the side.

Hannah Abbot looked startled at Elowen Saintday came into view and shot a deathly look her way. "Lose something?" She spat at the surprised girl before forcefully pushing her to the ground and out of her way. Instead of fighting back the Hufflepuff shrunk away, she knew when to pick her battles.

"Harry," Nel greeted with a mischievous smile turning to face her friend. "Thanks," He flashed her a grateful smile. It was nice to have at least one friend having your back. Especially when your best friend turned your back on you...

Nel could've said the same. Existence at Hogwarts had been a little lonelier recently. Theodore was always off with Daphne helping her paint or something amongst those lines and Tracey was often if not always absent. She event seemed distraught in class, often lost in daydreams. Elowen didn't want to admit it to herself but she had caught her in a lie more than once at this point.

"What are you up to?" She asked him curiously. "I'm just on my way to have a word with Cedric," He said shrugging his bookbag strap over his shoulder. She nodded and from the corner of her eye saw Cedric surrounded by the Hufflepuff boys that seemed to worship him.

"Have you," She began hesitating whether she should ask or not. "Have you heard from him? From Black I mean?" She asked concerned that he hadn't written back to her yet.

"I heard," Harry began choosing his words carefully. She paid careful attention to them, listening carefully. "That he can't communicate through a letter. Because the Ministry is intercepting more and more letters every day, so it's quite dangerous for him," he said in an apologetic tone.

She sighed her shoulders slumping slightly feeling disappointed.

"Thanks Harry," She thanked him before deciding to do something bold. "Also," She stopped him before he walked in Cedric's direction. "I don't know if you know this already, but the first task of the tournament. It's dragons."

Yes, maybe Harry was her friend, but this was busines, not personal. She only told him because she knew there wasn't any way he was going to beat Cedric in the tournament. At the end of the day all that matter was that everyone was safe and that she got paid for her work.

Harry blinked twice surprised that she knew.

"How do you know?" He asked surprised.

Now, how did she know...