31

Nel's head always seemed to spin after apparating

Wherever they were it was a rainy afternoon. The skies were a dull gray and several muggles that were passing by looked at her and Professor Snape oddly. Several fat pigeons scrambled at their messy landing.

Her surroundings looked like London. The buildings were tall, the first floor was white and the three to four story buildings were made with dark gray brick. She didn't understand where they were, it looked like an ordinary muggle neighborhood.

"You are not to divulge the location of this location to absolutely anyone, and you are now sworn to secrecy under the Fidelius Charm" Snape sneered pulling out his wand.
"I-I swear" She nodded hesitatingly, without thinking it twice.
"Your belongings?" His eyes raked over her poor appearance. "I sent my owl to Tracey's," She paused for a moment. "I have everything I need on me. You see, I shrank my trunk to be pocket sized," she said digging into the pocket of the jacket that was wrapped around her waist and fishing out a trunk that looked more like a box of Altoids.

"Charming," Snape rolled his eyes back to the front with disdain and muttered something under his breath. And with his spell, 12 Grimmauld place was revealed. All muggles around blissfully unaware of the magic that had just happened.

"And nobody knows where you are- Not even Ms. Davis?"
"No," She responded much more quietly.

She really had gone the entire summer without communicating with anyone - not even Tracy. She had sent her owl away hoping not to be reached by anyone, after all, it wasn't safe. A pit formed in her stomach hoping that none of her friends would hold a grudge towards her for not writing to them over the summer.

"Come," He instructed.

"I still don't understand why I can't just stay in your home, I really don't mind, I'll even sleep on the floor-" She babbled, following suit after him. Nel hadn't had an interaction with another human that didn't revolve around bartering cigarettes or other street goods that she desperately craved company. Even if it was someone as unpleasant as Snape.

"Silence," He interrupted. It seemed like everything she said went in one ear and out the other.

He opened the white door and allowed her in to a dark hallway.

It was dirty, lit dimly, smelled like humidity and oddly reminded Nel of the Slytherin Common Room. She walked through the dusty hallway avoiding cobwebs, turning back to see Snape and pray he hadn't noticed the book she had stolen from his house bulging from underneath her clothes.

They stepped into a dinning room that matched the rest of the house where a man sat nursing an amber bottle of some type of alcohol.

"Sirius Black!" She exclaimed shocked.

Just where had Snape taken her? She looked back at Snape in disbelief. The Ministry of Magic was looking for Black, they were even offering a reward for any information regarding him or his whereabouts. She knew that Harry knew where he was but Snape- She really couldn't believe he hadn't gone straight to the Ministry.